Culturally Responsive Considerations
As you start school and set events on the calendar, please consider ways in which you can honor all cultures in your school community.
- Major Cultural & Religious Observances
- Diverse Book Finder
- A History in Which We Can All See Ourselves
- Student Creates App that Prioritizes Books of Diversity
- Social Justice Books
- Preparing for Cultural Diversity: Resources for Teachers
- Serving Indigenous Youth
- How Culturally Responsive Lessons Teach Critical Thinking
Identifying & Supporting English Learners
As students who are English Learners enroll, it is important to have clear processes to identify and support them.
Registration & Enrollment
The start of the school year always brings about new registrations and questions about rights and responsibilities around enrollment. Please share with your staff who handle registration the following guidance on...
Prevention, Health & Wellness Resources
Kick off a school year focused on healthy and safe schools, be sure to check out the free resources available to you! Maine Prevention Store is is your go to website for FREE materials developed by Maine CDC, its partners, or the US CDC.