General Workers' Compensation QuestionsQ&A

I would like to speak to someone about my treatment, an unpaid bill, loss of a check, or a change of address.
We will gladly assist you with any of your questions or concerns. Please contact us.

The Mailing Address for the Office of Workers’ Compensation is:
State of Maine, Workers’ Compensation Division, #114 State House Station, Augusta, Maine  04333-0114

Our Telephone Number is: (207) 624-7359

I am NOT employed as a State of Maine government employee and I have sustained a work related injury.
The Workers’ Compensation Board can assist you with your questions and concerns.

I believe I know someone collecting Workers’ Compensation benefits who may not be entitled to receive benefits. 
To report suspected instances of possible fraud, please contact the Workers’ Compensation Board.


Other Workers’ Compensation Questions and Answers: Full Q&A Sheet

List of Questions (click on Question for Answer):

What constitutes a workers’ compensation claim?
What should I do if I’m injured at work?
What is a workers’ compensation designee?
When must I tell my employer that I have been injured at work?
What will my employer do when I report an injury?
What benefits do I receive from workers’ compensation?
What insurance company handles workers’ compensation for Maine State Government?
When do I have to report an injury?
Will I be able to get medical help for my injury?
Will workers’ compensation direct my medical care?
What if I miss time from work because of my injury?
Will my employer pay me my full salary while I am out?
What if I don’t hear anything after telling my supervisor about my injury?
How does an unsafe condition get taken care of so others don’t get injured? 
When does my employer have to decide if it is going to pay my claim?
What if I can go back to work but because of my injury I can’t earn as much as I did before the injury, i.e., no longer able to work overtime, etc.?
Do I have to do anything when I return to work after an injury?
How long can I receive wage replacement benefits?
What do I do if my claim is denied?