Here are a few resources to information about library automation, including circulation/cataloging, integrated library management systems, open source solutions, restrospective conversion, and more.
- Get Automated – Bring Your Library into the 21st Century
- Automation software feature comparisons with links to demos, tutorials and websites
- Maine Balsam Libraries: an Evergreen consortium for all library types
- School libraries: software comparison
- Web2Marc Generation Tool online (free) tool that creates MARC records for online resources.
- Need to ask a specific question? Contact Jared Leadbetter and he'll point you in the right direction!
- Open Source: An Overview of Software for Libraries by Janet McKenney, [PDF, 99 KB] developed Spring 2009
- Open Source as PowerPoint [requires Microsoft PowerPoint to open, 219 KB]
- Automation Basics for the Small Public Library.pdf [PDF, 3.58 MB]