- Related resources to automation information about library automation, including circulation/cataloging, integrated library management systems, open source solutions, retrospective conversion, and more.
- E-rate for Libraries
- All the E-rate information available in one spot. Help with forms, answers to questions, helpful resources Schools and e-rate
- eReader Information
- Getting Started, e-reader Comparisons, Loaning e-readers: Policies & Agreements; e-readers & Accessibility; e-reader handout in Word to customize
MSLN and Networkmaine
- MSLN - The Maine School and Library Network provides internet access, email, web hosting, and other internet related services to almost 1000 schools and libraries across the state of Maine.
- Networkmaine is a Unit of the University of Maine System providing the states Research & Education community with the access to high-bandwidth, low-latency connectivity that is crucial for todays high-technology research. Funding for libraries and schools MSLN connections is provided by the federal E-rate program and the Maine Telecommunications Education Access Fund (MTEAF). See requirements and more information about library and school MSLN/Networkmaine Participation.
- MSLN Participation Fee Update - The impact of LD 256 will take effect in the FY19 (July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019) budget year, and it is this budget that the fee being charged to libraries and schools will be eliminated.
- Sign up for MSLN's Twitter Feed for MSLN Network Status Updates: Get notified if the internet is experiencing problems or down.
- On-Site Support Technician for MSLN: On-Site Support Technician (former MSLN Circuit Rider) The On-Site Support Technician provides on-site assistance to resolve local technical problems. You must first contact the Help Desk at 1-888-FOR-MSLN (1-888-367-6756) or email@example.com.
- Video Conferencing
- Helpful information relating to Video Conferencing, workshops and consultations. Request Desktop Video Conferencing Account
Wireless Hotspot Lending - Starting a Mobile Hotspot Lending Program - Results from an IMLS research grant entitled, At the Edges of the National Digital Platform: Rural Library Hotspot Lending Programs. More information at the grant website.
- Educational Media
- Educational video library & services, digital video services, tape duplication and video-production, consultation, and technical support
- Techsoup offers discounts to libraries, charities and nonprofits on technology products and learning resources to help you make informed technology decisions.
- Idealware is a Portland based nonprofit that provides thoroughly researched, impartial and accessible resources about
software to help nonprofits make smart software decisions. Here are a few:
- A Few Good Email Newsletter Tools
- A Few Good Online Survey Tools
- A Few Good Online Conferencing Tools
- The Nonprofit Social Media Decision Guide
- The Nonprofit Social Media Policy Workbook
- What Every Nonprofit Should Know About Mobile
- There's an App For That: Mobile Users Requiring More and More Attention
- Consumers Guide to Donor Management Software
Request Desktop Video Conferencing Account - The videoconferencing software (Jabber) that lets you - via a computer, webcam & internet connection - meet face to face with Maine State Library staff and other librarians using the Jabber network!
Technology Petting Zoo - Devices available from MSL for libraries to borrow.
PCs for Maine public access computers: a program intended to supply libraries with low-cost, reliable computers
- Share your library story on how technology impacts your patrons