Library Use Value Calculator
What is your library worth to you?
How much would you pay out-of-pocket for your library services?
- Enter in the left hand column the number of times per month you or your family use each service.
- Estimated retail value of each service (if purchased) will be calculated on the right.
- Total value of your library use is shown at the bottom of the worksheet.
- Tip: Tab between entries and do not use commas.
The calculator worksheet has been adapted from original downloadable spreadsheet by the Massachusetts Library Association and then adapted for the web by Chelmsford Public Library. Maine State Library added extra accessibility coding and reformatting for ease of reading online. This spreadsheet requires either Microsoft Excel or the Excel Viewer. [Use of the calculator graphic is restricted since MSL has permission only for their site.]
For more information
- How these figures were calculated
- How to customize and use on your local library web site.
- How to calculate the Return on Investment (ROI)
- Feel free to link to this calculator for patrons where ever your library is or use yourself with acknowledgement as we did.
We'd love to hear what value you arrived at!