Continuing Education - Learning Opportunities
Maine's Digital Library Training
Find Training for many of the Digital Maine Library's new databases at the Maine State Niche Academy.
- EBSCO NoveList Tutorials and Support
- EBSCO Hobbies and Crafts Tutorials and Support
- More EBSCO Tutorials and Support
- Gale's Digital Maine Library Webinar Calendar Register for upcoming webinars on Gale's products in MARVEL and get access to archives of past recordings.
- Gale Pages for Maine K-12 Libraries Tutorial
- Proquest training information
- World Book - archived webinar that covers Early World of Learning, World Book Kids, World Book Student, World Book Advanced, Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos and Timelines
Other Learning Opportunities
- National Digital Equity Center Maine's Susan Corbett created the NDEC to aid communities in broadband adoption. They offer online training classes to librarians and the public in a variety of digital literacy skills from the Cloudlibrary to Quickbooks. Check out their upcoming training calendar.
ACRES is a nationally acclaimed coaching program that builds knowledge and skills so afterschool educators including librarians can confidently facilitate Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) experiences for youth. The program is currently offered at no cost to participants. Join a cohort.
23MobileThings - self directed online program about mobile technologies
GFC Global Learning – offers free, beginning computer courses and tutorials. (Office, Internet, Computer basics,etc.)
CE Grants for public librarians to put towards continuing education are available through the Maine Public Library Fund administered by the state library. Librarians from academic or K12 libraries can apply. MSL will make every effort to fund these applications using state funds as they are available.
Check out recent books in Maine State Library's professional collection