Continuing Education - Learning Opportunities
ACRES from the Maine Math and Science Alliance (MMSA)
If you work with youth in an out-of-school setting, this program will build your knowledge and skills so that you confidently facilitate Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) experiences for youth. ACRES is a nationally acclaimed coaching program. Find out more by visiting the ACRES website.
Academy for Small/Rural Library Directors
If you are a new director (less than 3 years) or an inexperienced director with no prior library training or experience, this intensive academy will give the skills and support to be successful and to make your library thrive and not just survive. For more information and to apply, visit the academy page. The application period is open now until October 4th, 2019. Space is limited to 20 participants.
Maine's Digital Library (aka MARVEL!) Training
Find Training for many of the Digital Maine Library's new databases at the Maine State Niche Academy.
You'll find tutorials on:
|Academic OneFile||Gale Virtual Reference|
|Ancestry - Library Edition||Hobbies and Crafts|
Chilton Auto Repair
|Learning Express Library|
|CloudLibrary||National Geographic Kids|
|Gale Document Tools||Novelist Plus|
|Gale Legal Forms||Pronunciator|
|Gale Search Tools||ValueLine|
- EBSCO NoveList Tutorials and Support
- EBSCO Hobbies and Crafts Tutorials and Support
- More EBSCO Tutorials and Support
- Gale's Digital Maine Library Webinar Calendar Register for upcoming webinars on Gale's products in MARVEL and get access to archives of past recordings.
- Gale Pages for Maine K-12 Libraries Tutorial
- Proquest training information
- World Book - archived webinar that covers Early World of Learning, World Book Kids, World Book Student, World Book Advanced, Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos and Timelines
Unlimited Free Online Courses and Webinars from WebJunction
Access to library-related course content is now open nationally. All you need is a free user account through learn.webjunction.org in order to record enrollments, completions and receive completion certificates. Many of the management courses offered through WebJunction, and required for voluntary certification, are provided by the vendor Skillsoft. You need an account with Skillsoft to access these courses. Instructions for setting up a Skillsoft account are on the certification page.
- WebJunction Course Catalog
- WebJunction Webinars: Check the Maine Library Community calendar for dates, descriptions and registration information
Other Learning Opportunities
- 23MobileThings - self directed online program about mobile technologies
- GFC Global Learning – offers free, beginning computer courses and tutorials. (Office, Internet, Computer basics,etc.)
Master lesson presentations by Google