Upcoming Trauma Informed Readiness and Response Workshop
Date: Thursday, March 19th, 2020
Location: UNE, Innovation Hall located at 772 Stevens Ave Portland
Please submit your application through the link below for consideration by Friday, February 28, 2020. A few things to note for this event:
- Only school level teams will be accepted, districts are welcome to apply for more than one team, however all exercises are intended for school level preparedness. Schools will sit together at the event.
- As this event is slated to reach capacity, unfortunately, teams should consist of a minimum and maximum of 3; please ensure one of the three is listed as the primary contact for the event.
- All accepted applications will be placed in the order they are received, until event capacity is reached. MDOE requests that any changes in the applicant’s ability to participate be relayed as soon as possible to allow others to move up on the list.
- Schools interested in applying should access their readiness for the intensive work planned during this workshop. A good resource for acquiring some initial understanding around this topic can be found at: http://www.cassieyackleypsyd.com/creating-trauma-sensitive-schools-a-primer.html
- Selected teams should bring with them a school invoice for any mileage or substitute costs they would like reimbursed.
SHAPE Assessment Tools
Visit SHAPE Website
Use the “Sign Up” button in upper right and follow the prompts to register yourself and your school
Trauma Informed Practices: Mini Series
- Neurobiology and Survival: Trauma 101 PPTX | Prezi | Notes (PDF)
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) PPTX | Prezi | Notes (PDF)
- Family Engagement PPTX | Prezi | Notes (PDF)
Note: We will be filming and uploading video of these presentations for your use