Field Visits by MFS Staff
Now that Maine is opening back up MFS staff welcome the opportunity to provide direct service to woodland owners and other customers. Due to COVID-19, our staff will comply with CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 for everyone’s safety. Field visits will be conducted in conformance to the following department policies:
- If you are not feeling well, please call immediately to cancel. Rescheduling is not a problem.
- If you have recently arrived from out of state, we can visit your woodlot after you have undergone the 14-day quarantine or have a negative COVID-19 test (view latest requirements).
In addition, MFS staff must ensure the following precautions:
- Meetings must take place outside.
- There must be fewer than 10 people.
- MFS staff must maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from all other people. Our apologies, but we cannot shake your hand when we meet.
- MFS staff will wear a face covering at their discretion and anytime they feel that adequate social distancing is not being maintained.
- If you choose not to wear a mask, MFS staff will determine if conditions allow the meeting to proceed based on adequate social distancing outdoors.
- If the meeting requires driving to another part of the property, MFS staff will use their own vehicle. We cannot share a vehicle with anyone.
We also ask that you respect these guidelines. Our staff would be happy to reschedule if these guidelines can’t be met. If you have any questions, please contact us. We look forward to meeting with you.