Wildlife-Human Issues

Nuisance Wildlife

The Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife will continue to provide emergency services when the safety of the public is in question, but our ability to provide nuisance wildlife services has become increasingly difficult due to the same budgetary challenges facing all Maine citizens. The Department, therefore, has established an Internet-based system with extensive information and do-it-yourself strategies to assist the public when dealing with a backyard visit from one of Maine's wild animals. We encourage you to use our website as a tool to assist you with your needs.

Evaluation of Animal Bites and Other Rabies Exposure for Appropriate Animal Control Measures (PDF)

Need Additional Assistance?

Please contact one of our Regional Inland Fisheries and Wildlife Offices for additional assistance.

Contact an Animal Damage Control Cooperator in your area for help with chipmunks, skunks, raccoons, foxes, weasel, woodchucks, porcupines, squirrels, bats, English sparrows, European sparrows, pigeons (rock doves), and European starlings. Registered ADC cooperators are independent contractors available for hire at your risk.

302 Found

Skip Maine state header navigation

Agencies | Online Services | Help


The document has moved here.

Apache Server at www11.maine.gov Port 80
County Town Name Phone Best time to call Towns willing to work in