The Office of MaineCare Services (OMS) always looks for new ways to improve how we do our work and creatively address new challenges and opportunities that arise in Maine. Learn more about some of our time-limited projects or initiatives.
OMS continues to track the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and is providing ongoing guidance to our members, providers, and uninsured individuals (translated documents are available).
Maternal Opioid Misuse Initiative
The MOM model aims to improve care for pregnant and postpartum women with Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and their infants.
SUPPORT for ME
Maine was awarded $2.1 million from the federal SUPPORT Act Grant (Support for ME). The key goals of the 18-month grant are to enhance Maine's response to the opioid crisis through increased access to vital services for substance use disorder, and at the same time contribute to its comprehensive rural health transformation efforts.
Electronic Visit Verification
Maine is currently implementing an Electronic Visit Verification system, which is a Federal requirement for all Personal Care Services (PCS) and Home Health Care Services (HHCS) that require an in-home visit by a provider.
Payment Error Rate Measurement
Maine is currently participating in a PERM audit. All claims from all providers are subject to review. Providers will be contacted by NCI, Inc. (formerly Advance Med, Inc.) if a claim they submitted is under review.
MaineCare Dental Reform
MaineCare is currently updating MaineCare Benefits Manual, Chapter III, Section 25 Dental Services rates as one of our priority rate reform initiatives. Please see the materials below:
- Draft Dental Reform Methodology (PDF)
- Draft Dental Rates (PDF) - updated June 17, 2022
- Draft Billing Guidance (PDF) - updated June 17, 2022
- Dental Provider Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Notice of Dental Rate Forum on April 27, 2022
- Dental Rate Forum Presentation (PDF) and Presentation Recording
- Notice of Dental Policy Forum on May 18, 2022
- Dental Policy Forum Presentation (PDF) and Presentation Recording
- List of Comprehensive Adult Dental Services (PDF) - June 27, 2022