For resources and information on the State of Maine COVID-19 response, please visit coronavirus.maine.gov.
COVID-19 Coverage for Uninsured Individuals and Emergency MaineCare
COVID-19 testing coverage allows for the testing and diagnosis of COVID-19 for people who do not have other health insurance.
- COVID-19 Coverage for Uninsured Individuals - May 12, 2020.
- COVID-19 Coverage for Uninsured Invididuals is translated into several languages:
Emergency MaineCare covers COVID-19 testing and treatment.
- Emergency MaineCare Coverage and COVID-19 Services - May 20, 2020
- Emergency MaineCare Coverage and COVID-19 Services is translated into several languages:
Information for MaineCare Members
- MaineCare members who are tested for COVID-19 will not be charged for the test.
- Learn how to see your provider from your own home by visiting our Telehealth webpage.
- Transportation and COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Questions and Answers (PDF) - Updated July 16, 2020
- MaineCare Changes to Improve Members' Access to Healthcare Services (PDF) - April 6, 2020
- MaineCare's Pharmacy Services and Coronavirus: Questions and Answers (PDF) - March 23, 2020
Information for MaineCare Providers
If you are not already subscribed to MaineCare's e-message service, please sign up here to receive important messages related to COVID-19. If you have questions about COVID-19 and MaineCare? Contact us through our COVID-19 email box. Provider-specific guidance is available on the federal CDC's Information for Healthcare Professionals about Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage.
- Verbal Consent Update - July 14, 2020
- Provider Relief Fund Fact Sheet - July 8, 2020
- Provider Relief Fund Tip Sheet - July 16, 2020
- COVID-19 Coding and Billing Guidance - June 18, 2020
- COVID-19 Codes for Uninsured Individuals and MaineCare Members - June 18, 2020
- FAQs: Standing Order for COVID-19 Lab Testing (Maine CDC) - June 18, 2020
- Alternate Settings Guidance - Updated June 8, 2020
- Temporary Rate Increase Update for Congregate Care Facilities - May 29, 2020
- Provider Guidance for Uninsured Individuals - May 11, 2020
- Guidance for Health Care Providers on Restarting Maine's Economy (PDF) - April 30, 2020
- Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) and COVID-19 Related Impacts (PDF) - April 17, 2020
- Home and Community-Based Services 60-Day Pause (PDF) - April 13, 2020
- MaineCare Benefits Manual, Chapter I, Section 5, COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Services
- Appendix K Application (PDF) - May 20, 2020
- Appendix K Approval Letter (PDF) - May 20, 2020
- Disaster Relief State Plan Amendment Overview (PDF) - April 27, 2020
- 1135 Waiver Overview (PDF) - April 8, 2020
- 1135 Waiver Approval Notice - April 7, 2020
- 1135 Waiver Application (PDF) - April 2, 2020
- 1135 Waiver: Prior Authorization Flexibility (PDF) - May 6, 2020
- Provider Enrollment Process (PDF) - May 7, 2020
- Telehealth Guidance for HCBS Providers - May 28, 2020
- CMS Guidance on Telehealth (PDF)
- FCC Guidance on COVID-19 Application Process (PDF) - April 17, 2020
- MaineCare Telehealth New Codes and Information (PDF) - Updated April 16, 2020
- MaineCare Telehealth and COVID-19 Guidance (PDF) - Updated April 16, 2020
- NETRC Telehealth Implementation Toolkit – Maine Edition - April 9, 2020
- NETRC's Provider's Guide (PDF) - Updated April 9, 2020
- CMS Telehealth Video - April 3, 2020
- Telehealth Best Practices for Providers - April 2, 2020
- Telehealth Townhall for Maine Healthcare Providers - March 26, 2020
- Guidance for Opioid Treatment Providers and Third Party Poxy Methadone Permission Form - May 21, 2020
- MaineCare Behavioral Health Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) - Updated May 6, 2020
- MaineCare Guidance on Section 65, Home and Community-Based (HCT) Providers (PDF) - March 31, 2020
- MaineCare Guidance on Sections 17, 28, and 65 (PDF) - March 20, 2020
Nursing Facilities and Long-Term Care Facilities
- Maine CDC Guidance for Long-Term Care Facilities (PDF)
- Maine CDC"s Letter to Long-Term Care Facilities and Assisted Housing Facilities (PDF)
- MaineCare Coverage of COVID-19 Testing at Pharmacies - July 17, 2020
- MaineCare Member and Provider Guidance for use of Rx Open - May 13, 2020
- MaineCare Guidance for Pharmacies and Prescribers (PDF) - March 26, 2020
- MaineCare Notice to Pharmacies: Important Information for MaineCare Members (PDF) - March 17, 2020