Health PAS Online Portal
Visit the Health PAS Online Portal for:
- Claims and billing instructions, companion guides, user guides, and X12 HIPAA Acknowledgements
- Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Guides and Manuals
- Enrollment guides and tools
- Trading Partner Guides
- Fee Schedules
- Forms for claims, referrals and authorizations, and other portal submissions
Visit the Primary Care webpage for more details about primary care programs and for the most current Referral Form and Member Education Request Form.
340B Update - January 5, 2020
This is a follow up to our December 8th message announcing January 1, 2021 changes to MaineCare’s 340B payment methodology. As we continue to work with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to clarify certain methodology requirements, we are delaying the implementation of this change until further notice. We will share more information as soon as possible.
HIPAA, Privacy, and Security
- De-Identification Methods (Health and Human Services webpage) - Explanation of identifiable health information and how to de-identify materials.
- Educational Materials about HIPAA Security (CMS webpage)
- Secure Fax and E-mail Tips
See the Interpreter Clarification for Providers (PDF) for details about interpreter services for non-English speaking or limited English speaking members.
Case Coordination Unit (CCU) Referrals
CCU provides Maine residents with simple and timely solutions to complex healthcare, financial, and placement issues through integrated provider and community involvement.
The CCU accepts cases based on referrals and prioritizes:
- Individuals at risk to themselves or others
- Adults who have been in the Emergency Department more than five days
- Other complex cases sent by the Governor’s or DHHS Commissioner’s Office
Referring a Member to CCU
If a MaineCare member is at risk of harming themselves or others, please complete the CCU referral form.
Please contact Michele Lane with questions.
Emergency Department (ED) Collaborative
MaineCare nurses, behavioral health specialists, and care coordinators work with health care providers and MaineCare members to reduce avoidable, non-emergency ED use and improve health outcomes for MaineCare members. See the ED Collaborative (PDF) for more detail about the project and how to participate.
E-Message Sign Up
Subscribe to MaineCare's e-message service to receive email updates . Enter your email address, scroll down to the "Office of MaineCare Services" section and select the topics you wish to receive information about. See also our E-Message Archives for past email blasts.
Policy and Rules RSS Feed Sign Up
MaineCare publishes policy and rule changes through Headline News, our RSS Feed service. To subscribe, click on the topic link below. The link will open a new page where you will click "Subscribe to this feed" to sign up.
- Proposed Rules
- Recently Adopted Rules
- Emergency Rules
- Other Rules (such as chapter 275 and chapter 104)
- Demonstration Waivers