An individual who disagrees with either the results of his or her clinical substance abuse evaluation or the treatment required, has the right to appeal by seeking a Second Opinion evaluation with a DEEP-approved provider. In addition, should DEEP refuse to sign off on the completion of treatment documentation, the individual has the right to request that the DEEP Board of Appeals* review the case. Call DEEP at 207-626-8600 for more information.

*The DEEP Board of Appeals is made up of professionals in the alcohol and drug field who are independent practitioners. They are not employed by or affiliated with DEEP, nor are they DEEP evaluation or treatment services providers.