This page provides information regarding the legal rights of individuals receiving mental health services. Some of the topics covered are advance directives, crisis planning, involuntary commitment, guardianship, grievances and privacy. This page is targeted to individuals receiving mental health services as well as family members, advocates, and mental health service providers.
- Action Planning for Crisis, Prevention, and Recovery Involuntary Hospitalizations
- Firearms and Psychiatric Hospitalization Laws Applicable in Maine (PDF)
- Privacy: Behavioral Health Notice of Privacy Practices
- Grievance Guide for Recipients of Mental Health Services
- MRSA Title 34-B 3862-A - statute pertaining to Protection from Substantial Threats