OBH oversees access to behavioral health services for those receiving their health care through MaineCare. Those already enrolled in MaineCare should contact the MaineCare office to confirm eligibility. Those who are not covered by MaineCare can learn more about enrollment requirements on the Office of MaineCare Services.
Services available to MaineCare recipients include:
- Community Integration
- Community Rehabilitation
- Medication Management
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Services
- Daily Living Support Services (DLSS)
OBH funds Supported Employment and Education services for adults with mental illness with employment specialists embedded in behavioral health settings in Portland and Lewiston.
Peer Support Intentional Warm Line
A peer-to-peer mental health support line for adults staffed by trained peer specialists who have life experience with mental health recovery.
- Call toll-free from anywhere in Maine, 24 hours a day, seven days a week: 1-866-771- WARM (9276) or 711 (Maine Relay).
- Peer Centers in Maine (PDF)
- is a discretionary grant funded service that may be available to meet urgent needs of adults with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI) that cannot be met through the regular systems of care. Individuals who meet the Eligibility for Care requirements as stated in 10-144 C.M.R. ch. 101, ch. 2, § 17.02 may access these
- funds to alleviate hardship brought about by the economic disadvantages inherent with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness and to address emergency existing unmet needs.
To apply for Wrap, contact the Wrap agency that lists the county you reside in. Any individual and/or with help from their case manager can apply for Wrap funds if they are Section 17 eligible.
Wrap Agencies (1/22/2021)
|Agency||Address||Contact||Contact Numbers||Counties Covered|
|Aroostook Mental Health Center||43 Hatch Drive
PO Box 1018
Caribou, Maine 04736
|Community Health and Counseling||Referral Center
P.O. Box 425
Bangor, Maine 04402
DIRECT LINE 207-922-4704
|Assistance Plus||PO Box 358
Fairfield, Maine 04937
|Sweetser||329 Bath Rd, Brunswick, Maine 04011||Stephanie Gamache||TOLL FREE 1-800-434-3000
|Opportunity Alliance||50 Lydia Lane
South Portland, Maine 04106
|Deb Lombardi||TOLL FREE 1-877-429-6884
DIRECT LINE 207-553-5843
|Maine Behavioral Health||PO Box 1773
Saco, Maine 04072
|Elaine Ready||207- 956 -3074
FAX 207- 82-2581
Veteran Community Integration Services
Some military veterans who are not currently eligible to receive Community Integration Services through MaineCare reimbursement are eligible to receive access to assessment and evaluation for community services from OBH.
In order to qualify veterans must:
- Receive a mental health diagnosis or mental health disability rating from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs; or
- Be a veteran who is not enrolled with the United States Department of Veteran’s Affairs who is determined to require mental health care services by a licensed mental health professional and is uninsured and not eligible for MaineCare coverage.