Maine Construction General Permit (MCGP)
Related page: Waste Discharge Program
This general permit describes permit coverage and limitations, definitions, requirements, procedures, performance standards, and standard conditions.
Note: Construction activity may also require approval pursuant to other laws such as the Natural Resources Protection Act, Site Law, Stormwater Management Law, or other laws depending upon the location, type, and size of the activity.
- For general licensing questions, please use the ON-CALL system . Call one of the following numbers, and ask to speak with the "on-call" person in the Bureau of Land Resources. Augusta: 800-452-1942. Bangor: 888-769-1137. Portland: 888-769-1036. Presque Isle: 888-769-1053.
- Waste discharge laws. 38 MRSA § § 413, et. seq. (off-site).
- Water classification laws. See the Classification page.
- General Permits for Certain Wastewater Discharges, Ch. 529, (off-site).
- See also the Waste Discharge Program Page.
- MCGP text and appendices (pdf files). Effective July 21, 2006. Expires January 20, 2008. Note: the MCGP is administratively continued as explained in Part I(C) of the MCGP.
- Issue Profile -- Overview of the Requirements of the Maine Construction General Permit
- Maine Erosion and Sedimentation Control BMPs
- Stormwater Best Management Practices Manual (DEP)
- Urban impaired stream watershed map in Google Earth
- Citizen's Guide (guidance).This guide is a DRAFT. Not all graphics have yet been included.