Home → Rulemaking
Department Rulemaking Proposals
Subject to Maine’s Administrative Procedures Act, the Board of Environmental Protection performs rulemaking for the Department.
For more information contact Mark Margerum (207) 287-7842.
The Board of Environmental Protection generally holds meetings for considering rulemaking actions and public hearings on proposed rulemaking the first and third Thursdays of the month or as needed.
See the BEP meeting calendar for information.
Pursuant to Maine law, interested parties are publicly notified of proposed rulemaking and are provided an opportunity for comment. Written comments may be submitted by mail, e-mail or fax to the contact person before the end of the comment period. To ensure the comments are considered, they must include your name and the organization you represent, if any.
- Chapter 170: Degassing of Petroleum Storage Tanks, Marine Vessels, and Transport Vessels
- Chapter 169: Stationary Generators
- Chapter 147: Hydrofluorocarbon Prohibitions
- Chapter 128, Advanced Clean Trucks Program
- Chapter 168, Statewide Greenhouse Gas Emissions Regulation