- September 28, 2021 - Augusta Civic Center, 76 Community Drive, Augusta
Welcome to the Board of Environmental Protection
The Board of Environmental Protection is a seven-member citizen board whose members are appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Legislature. Current members. The purpose of the Board is to provide informed, independent and timely decisions on the interpretation, administration and enforcement of the laws related to environmental protection and to provide for credible, fair and responsible public participation in department decisions. While the Board is part of the Department of Environmental Protection, it has independent decision-making authority in the areas of its responsibility. For more information on the Board's responsibilities see BEP Overview (pdf).
Opportunity for Comment: The following documents are available for public comment:
- Draft Policy Regarding Remote Participation in Board Proceedings
- Administrative Consent Agreements
- Department Rulemaking Proposals
- Subscribe to receive email notification of meetings.
- Effective August 5, 2021, the Board of Environmental Protection will resume in-person meetings, which are open to the public. Please see the Maine CDC website for current information regarding the coronavirus disease (Covid-19). Any Covid-19 related information specific to a meeting will be provided on the Board’s meeting agenda and website.
- Video and audio streaming of the Board's meeting will be provided. See agenda for details and meeting link.
For more information, you may contact the Board’s Executive Analyst at (207) 314-1458 or use our contact form.