COVID19 Prevention Checklist Industry Guidance
Last updated: May 27, 2020
The State of Maine has adopted a staged approach, supported by science, public health expertise, and industry collaboration, to allow Maine businesses to safely open when the time is right. The plan is available at www.maine.gov/covid19/restartingmaine.
This is one of many industry guidance documents the State is preparing for businesses so they can be prepared to meet health guidelines and reopen safely. Please make sure you pair this document with the general guidance document that applies to all industries, which is available on maine.gov/decd.
Please note: This document may be updated as additional information and resources become available.
Phase 1: Car Washes
Limit the number of individuals that can gather in a shared space, in accordance with Executive Orders from the Office of the Governor.
- People in a shared space must be able to maintain 6 feet of physical distance. If a space in your building cannot accommodate individuals maintaining 6 feet of physical distance, further restrict the number of individuals allowed in that space beyond the limits established by Executive Order.
- Place signage at entrances and throughout the store alerting staff and customers to the required occupancy limits, six feet of physical distance, and policy on cloth face covering.
- Encourage customers to limit the number of people they bring into the business. Solo shop when possible.
- Support physical distance between customer and personnel by taping off 6 feet distance from counters, service desks, and sales stations.
- Require all staff, vendors, and customers to wear a face covering where physical distancing is difficult to maintain, per CDC recommendations and pertinent Executive Orders from the Office of the Governor.
- Require employees to practice good hand hygiene with frequent handwashing, especially after contact with customers and high-touch surfaces.
- Notify customers of updated protocols and procedures in advance through website. Post updated protocols and procedures at business location.
- Customers should declutter vehicles before receiving interior service to minimize staff contact with items inside the vehicle.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch areas routinely, including self-vacuum areas, restrooms, pay stations, and vending machines.
- Consider providing readily accessible cleaning “kits” including disinfectant wipes or sprays, disposable gloves, paper towels, cloth face coverings, hand sanitizer and other cleaning supplies throughout the business, including point of sale terminals and other stations that will be cleaned periodically throughout the day.
- Consider using contactless payment options, such as online payment, self-pay stations, or registers with RFID credit and debit card reading, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.
COVID-19 Prevention Form
In order to open, businesses must commit to complying with requirements of these checklists by filling out this short online form. Please note that religious organizations and licensed health care providers are not required to use this form.