- Vehicle Reservations & Line Numbers
- Contact & Directions
- Rockland Mainland Terminal
- Rockland Terminal
- North Haven
- Bass Harbor Terminal
- Swan's Island
- Lincolnville Terminal
- Ferry Service Home
- Fare Information
- Ferry Schedules
- Contact Us
Vinalhaven Ferry Vehicle Reservations & Line Numbers
View Rockland's vehicle reservation page for Vinalhaven reservation info.
*IMPORTANT!* Customers with vehicles that do not have a reservation leaving the island need to contact the island terminal for a line number the day before returning to secure a space on the ferry for the vehicle. This includes same day travel without a reservation. Please see the island home page for specific information.
How To Get a Line Number
- Call 207-596-5450 at 5:30 AM the day before desired travel date
- Press "2" to enter the line number queue
- Have the following information ready for the ticket agent:
- which ferry trip on the following day you would like a number for
- your name (or the name of the person you are calling for)
- your phone number (or the phone number of the person you are calling for)
- a four digit number
- type of vehicle you will be lining up
- does it have roof racks, bikes, kayaks, ladders, etc., on the roof
- if truck, the actual length of a box truck, dual-wheeled truck or commercial truck will be needed
- The ticket agent will then assign you a number and inform you of the time to have your vehicle in line.
Line Number FAQs
- Line numbers are for customers who do not have a reservation and would like to put their vehicle in line for the NEXT DAYS ferry schedule.
- Line numbers are aquired over the phone for all ferry trips for the following day.
- Phone calls will be taken in the order they are received.
- Expected wait time can be up to 30 minutes during peak summer season.
- Line number requests will be taken only between 5:30 AM and 6:00 AM (our time)
- Calls received before 5:30 AM will not be added to the queue (you will be sent to voicemail not the line number queue).
- Any remaining line numbers can be aquired by calling 207-596-5450 for a ticket agent.
- Following are the times you must have your vehicle in line:
- 7:00 AM Ferry: Line up at 6:30 AM
- 8:45 AM Ferry: Line up at 8:15 AM
- 10:30 AM Ferry: Line up at 10:00 AM
- 1:00 PM Ferry: Line up at 12:30 PM
- 2:45 PM Ferry: Line up at 2:15 PM
- 4:30 PM Ferry: Line up at 4:00 PM