Home → Programs & Resources → Outdoor Partners Program → Become an Outdoor Partner
Become an Outdoor Partner
The Outdoor Partners Program provides funding to protect Maine's longstanding tradition of public access to privately owned land.
Funds from the Outdoor Partners Program go to:
- Enhanced law enforcement in areas where problems occur
- The landowner sign program, which offers an alternative to No Trespassing signs and aids landowners in managing access to their land
- Equipment to investigate and prosecute landowner abuse and criminal trespass complaints
- Promotional and educational programs designed to promote and maintain access
Becoming a member of the Outdoor Partners Program is simple! Membership can be purchased with your hunting or fishing license online or at any licensing agent for $15.00 or purchase a membership through our online store!
Outdoor Partners Members receive benefits from these supportive businesses:
- 10% discount on most merchandise and one firearms purchase at Kittery Trading Post
- 10% discount on most merchandise at Mac's Trading Post
- 10% discount on most merchandise at Ben's Trading Post
- 10% discount on most merchandise at Indian Hill Trading Post
- 10% discount on clothing, parts and accessories at Fort Kent PowerSports
- One year subscription for $20 to the The Maine Sportsman
- One year subscription for $25 to the North Woods Sporting Journal
- A free day pass to the North Maine Woods, or $10.00 off a 2021 season pass
- Free admission for two adults to the Maine Wildlife Park
- Free admission for two adults to Swan Island
To receive the benefits above, show a copy of a receipt from our online store showing their Outdoor Partners purchase or your valid Maine hunting or fishing license that includes an Outdoor Partners membership.
Each quarter, we hold a special raffle for Outdoor Partners Program participants with prizes from our supporting merchants.
Show your Support
Purchase an Outdoor Partners decal or hat online to proudly show your support and appreciation for Maine’s private landowners.
Volunteer your Time
Keep Maine Clean
The Mission of Keep Maine Clean is to help private landowners remove litter that was illegally dumped on their property, to alleviate the costs associated with illegal dumping, to show landowners we care about them and their property, to investigate all complaints of illegal dumping, to prosecute those responsible, and to keep Maine clean and beautiful.
To carry out this mission, MDIFW recruits volunteers to pick up trash in fields and forests while engaging in outdoor recreation. Volunteers and sponsors include outdoor recreationists, the media, businesses, and nonprofit organizations, and anyone who supports the concept of a cleaner Maine outdoors!
By joining the program, you'll gain access to insider information including contests, sponsor and volunteer stories, landowner relations tips, and more.
All funds donated to Keep Maine Clean are deposited in MDIFW's Landowner Relations Fund.
Landowner Appreciation Day
This program, started in 2013, gives users a tangible and fun way to show landowners their appreciation, with prizes awarded to volunteers who pick up the most truckloads of litter.
Each year, on 100+ sites, volunteers have picked up more than 1,000,000 lbs. of trash including 1,000-2,000 tires.
The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife (MDIFW) and the Maine Forest Service are hosting a Landowner Appreciation and Clean Up Day on Sunday, September 18, 2022. All loads of trash will be measured by pick-up truckload at one of the designated drop off spots by MDIFW or Maine Forest Service personnel. Tires will be held separately in piles at designated sites and picked up by BDS Waste Disposal. Prizes will be awarded to volunteers who pick up the most truck loads of litter!
Want to sign up for a chance to win? Your club or organization can enter the event and get more information by calling or emailing Virginia Vincent at (207) 287-5240 or Virginia.Vincent@maine.gov.