SAMHSA’s Requirements for Single State Agency (SSA) Grant Coordination
In order to meet federal OBHA’s requirements for Single State Agency (SSA) grant coordination, other eligible entities should submit their Public Health System Impact Statements (PHSIS) to the Maine DHHS Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services (OBH) for comment. Other eligible entities that are applying for SAMSHA grant funding and required to submit a PHSIS statement to OBH for comment must outline:
- What grant they are applying for;
- The title of their project;
- Their project’s intent, as well as a short summary of the project;
- The name and address of their SAMSHA grant reviewer;
- A 60 day notification for comments to the SAMSHA grant reviewer;
- And a copy of the application face page (SF 424).
The PHSIS can be submitted via email to OBH’ Federal Grants Coordinator at: Cameron.Bailey@maine.gov
In lieu of online submissions, please direct your eligible entity’s hard copy PHSIS with all the above mentioned requirements to the address below:
c/o OBH’ Federal Grants Coordinator
State House Station #11
41 Anthony Avenue
Augusta, ME 04333
***Please note that in most cases, eligible entity applicants are federally required to notify OBH within 30 days of receipt of any grant award.***
The Maine Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) is seeking input and comment from community stakeholders to guide OBH in preparing Maine’s applications to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA). Maine’s applications include:
- DRAFT UNIFORM APPLICATION FY 2018/2019 - STATE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT AND PLAN and SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION AND TREATMENT BLOCK GRANT
- Maine UNIFORM APPLICATION FY 2018/2019 - STATE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT AND PLAN COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES BLOCK GRANT OMB - Approved 06/12/2015 - Expires 09/30/2020 (generated on 07/11/2017 2.25.39 PM) Center for Mental Health Services Division of State and Community Systems Development
- FY 17 PROJECTS FOR ASSISTANCE IN TRANSITION FROM HOMELESSNESS (PATH).
- FY 16/17 MHBG AND SAPBG and the FY 16 PATH
Applications are posted as a reference to review previous plans, to comment and recommend changes going forward in the new applications.
Mental Health Block Grant and Related Documents
- MAINE UNIFORM APPLICATION FY 2020/2021 - STATE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT AND PLAN COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES BLOCK GRANT (PDF)
- MAINE UNIFORM APPLICATION FY 2018/2019 - STATE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT AND PLAN COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES BLOCK GRANT (PDF)
Maine Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH) Grant
The State is required to provide public notice to allow interested parties to review the proposed use of PATH funds including any subsequent revisions to the application. Application updates will be posted as the sections are completed. Please use the comment section on this website to provide feedback on the proposed use of PATH Funds for Fiscal Year 2020.
- Funding Opportunity Announcement (PDF) 04/26/2021
- 2021 PATH Grant Application - Draft (PDF) 05/04/2021
Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant and Related Documents
- Maine 2020-2021 SAPTBG Application (PDF) 10/02/2020
- Maine Uniform Application FY 2018/2019 Behavioral Health Assessment and Plan Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant (PDF)