This webpage provides information and important updates about policy and billing changes to MaineCare-covered services that are provided in an educational setting.
- IEP Guidance on IEP Documentation – May 2021 (PDF)
- The MaineCare In Education Presentation (PowerPoint) explains how to access MaineCare services in schools.
Providers and School Administrators
Virtual Meetings and Trainings
All providers who deliver MaineCare services in schools are invited to sign up to be part of the new "MaineCare in Education Sessions" team. You will receive information and resources about MaineCare-covered services in schools through virtual meetings and training opportunities. Complete the online form to register.
- Accessing MaineCare in Schools (PDF)
- Audit Checklist for School-Based Services (PDF)
- Claims Status Review Quick Reference (PDF)
- Claim Submission Quick Reference (PDF)
- Medically Necessity (PDF)
- MIHMS Enrollment Checklist (PDF)
- Parental Consent (PDF)
- Seed Payment (PDF)
To initiate new transportation requests, please email MaineCareinEducation.DHHS@maine.gov to obtain the necessary forms and instructions.
MaineCare and Maine Department of Education Joint Training Resources
- IEP Documentation Training One Video - June 2, 2021, Passcode: %r^KpD51
- Presentation Slides (PDF)
You can subscribe to the MaineCare In Education RSS feed or MaineCare Policy- Schools/Education e-message service by visiting the MaineCare News Subscriptions webpage.
- MaineCare in Education Updates (Word) - August 12, 2019
- Member Guide Presentation and Billing Guide Updates (Word) - April 9, 2019
- MaineCare School-Based Services Guide and Reminders - June 08, 2018
- School-Based Services Reminders - October 24, 2017
- School-Based Services Provider Reminders - November 02, 2016
If you have questions, please email them to the MaineCare in Education. You may also call Trista Collins at (207) 624-4094.