This webpage provides information and important updates about policy and billing changes to MaineCare-covered services that are provided in an educational setting.
The MaineCare In Education presentation (PowerPoint) explains how to access MaineCare services in schools.
Providers and School Administrators
- Accessing MaineCare in Schools (PDF)
- Audit Checklist for School-Based Services (PDF)
- Claims Status Review Quick Reference (PDF)
- Claim Submission Quick Reference (PDF)
- Medically Necessity (PDF)
- MIHMS Enrollment Checklist (PDF)
- Parental Consent (PDF)
- Seed Payment (PDF)
For School-Based Providers
To initiate new transportation requests, please email MaineCareinEducation.DHHS@maine.gov to obtain the necessary forms and instructions.
You can subscribe to the MaineCare In Education RSS feed or MaineCare Policy- Schools/Education e-message service by visiting the MaineCare News Subscriptions webpage.
- MaineCare in Education Updates (Word) - August 12, 2019
- Member Guide Presentation and Billing Guide Updates (Word) - April 9, 2019
- MaineCare School-Based Services Guide and Reminders - June 08, 2018
- School-Based Services Reminders - October 24, 2017
- School-Based Services Provider Reminders - November 02, 2016
If you have questions, please email them to the MaineCare in Education. You may also call Trista Collins at (207) 624-4094.