Consistent with Federal requirements, the MaineCare Provider Directory API conforms to the technical standards for data exchange via a secure API and meets the specifications outlined in the PDEX Payer Network Implementation Guide. Providers are defined within this API as physicians, practices, and hospitals that deliver health care services through MaineCare.
The MaineCare Provider Directory API utilizes Microsoft Azure Healthcare APIs for most of its platform and application infrastructure. Per the Federal requirements, the solution is based on HL7 Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR).
The following information is available:
- Practitioner – Names of Individual Providers and the NPI
- Organization – Names of Entity Providers, including practices and hospitals, and the NPI
- Practitioner Role – Specialties of Individual Providers and Individual Provider Relationships
- Location – Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, and Phone Numbers of Providers
- Organization Affiliation – Relationships Between Two Organizations, provided via Globally Unique IDentifiers (GUIDs)