Multi-Sector General Permit for Stormwater Discharge Associated with Industrial Activity
The Multi-Sector General Permit (or MSGP) provides basic stormwater standards for industrial activities. DEP began implementing these requirements following delegation of the federal NPDES program to the State of Maine. Contacts
- If you have general questions related to this program, please contact your nearest DEP regional office (see numbers below) and mention that you need to speak to someone about the "industrial stormwater program" or "multisector". That will help our receptionist to correctly forward your call. Office numbers:
- Augusta (Central Maine Regional Office): Stacia Hoover at 207-592-6726 or 207-287-7688
- Bangor (Eastern Maine Regional Office): Jana Wood at 207-215-7869 or 207-941-4570
- Portland (Southern Maine Regional Office): Alison Moody at 207-615-8936 or 207-822-6300
- Presque Isle (Northern Maine Regional Office): Sean Bernard at 207-760-3135 or 888-769-1053
- Industrial stormwater program coordinator -- Rhonda Poirier, 207-592-6233
- Waste discharge laws. 38 MRSA § § 413, et. seq. (off-site).
- General Permits for Certain Wastewater Discharges, Ch. 529 (off-site).
Important Note about Forms in Word: Altered forms will not be accepted. If you believe an item does not apply, write "NA" or "not applicable" rather than deleting it. Extending the length of a form to add more information is acceptable.
- Corrective Action Form (pdf file)
- No Exposure Certification Form (pdf file)
- Notice of Intent (NOI) Form (pdf file)
- Notice of Termination (NOT) Form (pdf file)
- Effluent Monitoring SOP (pdf file)
- Quarterly Inspection Form
- Visual Monitoring Form. Visual Monitoring Instructions. Visual Monitoring SOP
- Multi-Sector General Permit (pdf file) Effective December 7, 2016.