Home → Water Quality → Grants & Loans → Invasive Cost Share Grants
Invasive Aquatic Plants Funding Opportunities
Cost share grants for local projects to prevent the spread of invasive aquatic plants
Courtesy Boat Inspection Program
Courtesy boat inspections are the cornerstone of the state's invasive aquatic species prevention program. Limited funds are available for locally initiated CBI programs. Grants are available to municipal and county governments, quasi-municipal organizations (including water districts) and 501C(3) eligible organizations such as lake associations.
This cost share program is administered by the Lakes Environmental Association (LEA) in Bridgton, Maine under an agreement with the Maine DEP. Boat inspectors will be trained by LEA and must follow protocol developed by the DEP and LEA.
- CBI Cost Share Notice for Courtesy Boat Inspection Programs - PDF
- CBI Cost Share Application - Excel
- CBI Cost Share Application - Word
Manual Removal of Invasive Aquatic Plants
The State of Maine uses a Request for Proposal (RFP) process to solicit applications for plant control work. Please look for RFP#201810212 on the RFP page for the 2020 information.
- DEP CBI grants contact: Chris Reily (207) 815-8085
- DEP Plant Control Projects contacts:
- John McPhedran (207) 215-9863
- Denise Blanchette (207) 215-5040