What is Vendor Self Service?

The Vendor Self Service (VSS) web portal provides vendors with a single entry point to register, identify the commodities/services that their company provides, look for business opportunities and respond to solicitations.

Once a vendor registers, they can receive email confirmation for a new bid, cancelled solicitation, amendment, or notification of award.

The vendor will also be able to view commodity history, ask questions, and browse for awards.


Click this link to visit the VSS Portal: https://mevss.hostams.com/PRDVSS1X1/AltSelfService


If you are a registered vendor you will have created a user id & password for yourself to log into Vendor Self Service. Once you are logged in you can search for solicitations and respond to them or you may click on “Account Maintenance” to update your contact information, address information or to simply add commodity codes to your profile.

If you need your password reset or need your login information, please call the VSS Help Desk at (207) 624-7889 or email VSS.helpdesk@maine.gov.  If you have general questions about VSS or about a specific solicitation, please call The Division of Procurement Services at (207) 624-7340.

If you have any questions regarding any RFQ, you must submit your questions thru the Question and Answer link on the Solicitation Details View page. Your answer will appear there as well. It is the vendor’s responsibility to log in to view all questions and answers posted there. Questions and Answers obtained any other way will not be valid for any RFQ.

Click the links below to:

NOTE TO NON-BIDDING VENDORS: Vendor Self Service is for organizations registering and bidding on State of Maine business opportunities primarily for the purchase of commodities.

If you are an entity who needs to receive a payment from the State of Maine, but you are not bidding on a current business opportunity, then please click on the following link to “forms” on the website of the Office of the State Controller: https://www.maine.gov/osc/forms. From there, refer to the “Vendor” category of forms, and click on "Form Instructions" or “PDF” under item #1, “Vendor Activation/Change (aka State of Maine Substitute W-9)”.  The State of Maine department who is issuing the payment can assist you with this type of registration.

VSS How to Guides:

Commodity Codes

NIGP Codes (.rtf)

Commodity Codes (.xls)