More information on any or all of these topics can be found at your local public library.
- General Assistance Program
- Each town has a General Assistance Program to help people in emergencies. You may be eligible even if you work or receive other benefits. Local Government: Your Resource for County, City, & Town Information Information.
- Maine 211
- Finding the answers to health and human services information and resources is as quick and easy as dialing 2-1-1 or logging onto 211maine.org.
- Maine Community Action Programs
- The Maine Community Action Programs are a group of agencies created to provide local organization to efforts which empower low-income people to lift themselves and their families out of poverty.
- Office of Integrated Access and Support
- Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) links to sites for help with Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), child support, and food stamps among other topics.
- The United Way
- The United Way works to advance the common good by focusing on education, income and health.
- University of Maine Cooperative Extension
- The University of Maine Cooperative Extension Program focuses on helping families, businesses, agricultural enterprises, and communities address current issues in a way that ensures a viable future for their children and grandchildren.