Maine Answers Tough Times
Marshall Point, Port Clyde, Maine
Whether it is called a recession or a depression, all of us are now facing an economic downturn that can be simply described as tough times. How we respond and what we need to make it through these tough times will differ from person to person; family to family.
More information on any or all of these topics can be found at your local public library.
The following links by category are designed to help you find the information or contacts needed to help. These links are primarily designed to lead you to official support services in Maine. Descriptions of the web sites are primarily from the organization's own words.
For small business start-up
- Community Outreach:
For organizations which provide a variety of services
- Credit Counseling:
For assistance on financial planning and debt management
- Crisis Counseling:
For crisis hotlines
- Education and Job Training:
For higher education providers and financial aid
For job search information
- Food Assistance:
For food pantries and supplemental food assistance
- Health Care and Insurance:
For information on providers of health care or health insurance and or health in general
- Home Heating/Utilities:
For aid on home heating assistance
For help on renting, home ownership and repair
- Legal Assistance:
For help on legal matters
- Nonprofits and Volunteers:
For help in starting a nonprofit or volunteering
- Personal Safety:
For help on personal and family safety issues
Programs and benefits for veterans, dependents and survivors
- "Maine Answers Tough Times is an outstanding effort by your public libraries to assist residents seeking support services!
- Are other states following your example? If not, they should be informed. You have set an example for the nation!"
Submitted by Linda
- Please share other links you found helpful or other topics you recommend.
- All fields are required.