Health Care and Insurance
More information on any or all of these topics can be found at your local public library.
- Health Care.Gov Register for Affordable healthcare.
- Assistance on the Affordable Healthcare Act. A resource page designed by the State Library staff.
- The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) gives workers and their families who lose their health benefits the right to choose to continue group health benefits provided by their group health plan for limited periods of time under certain circumstances such as voluntary or involuntary job loss, reduction in the hours worked, transition between jobs, death, divorce, and other life events.
- Consumers for Affordable Health Care Foundation
- Consumers for Affordable Health Care Foundation is a Maine public charity dedicated to helping Maine people obtain affordable, quality health care. They offer services directly to health care consumers, including assistance with state programs and private health insurance companies.
- An official site tracking changes to the health care system due to health insurance reform.
- Health Insurance Tips
- Consumer information from the Maine Bureau of Insurance.
- Keep Me Well
- KeepMeWell is an on-line health assessment tool. In addition to helping you assess your health, the site provides links to free, low-cost and sliding scale health providers.
- Medline Plus
- MedlinePlus will direct you to information to help answer health questions. It brings together authoritative information from NLM, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and other government agencies and health-related organizations.
- Office of MaineCare Services
- The programs and health care benefits that MaineCare Services administers are: MaineCare, Maine Eye Care, Maine Rx Plus, and Drugs for the Elderly and Disabled.