Section 12006 of the 21st Century Cures Act mandates that states must implement an EVV system for all Personal Care Services (PCS) and Home Health Care Services (HHCS) that require an in-home visit by a provider. An EVV system is used to verify the date, time, and site of a provider visit, as well as services provided and who provided the service to the MaineCare member in the member's home or in a community-based services setting.
All impacted providers must use EVV by January 1, 2021, except Home Health under Section 40 and Hospice Services under Section 43, which have a January 1, 2023 deadline.
E-message Updates and Notifications
- Implementation Tips - Updated November 16, 2022
- Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Trainings and Forums - Updated November 15, 2022
- Weekly Billers of Home Health and Hospice services and EVV Training and Forms - Updated November 15, 2022
- EVV Place of Service Reminders - September 26, 2022
- Attention Hospice Providers: Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Soft Launch October 4, 2022 Implementation Reminder - September 26, 2022
- EVV Events - September 20, 2022
- Attention Section 43 Hospice Providers Using the State Sandata Solution for Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) - September 9, 2022
- Attention Hospice Providers: Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Soft Launch Implementation Delayed to October 4, 2022 - August 19, 2022
- November 1, 2022 Suggested Integration Deadline for Alternate or 3rd Party EVV Systems for Home Health and Hospice Providers - August 19, 2022
- Alternate Electronic Visit Verification (Alt EVV) Specification Requirement - July 18, 2022
- Town Hall Sessions to Support Alternate Electronic Visit Verification (Alt EVV) Systems - July 14, 2022
- Attention Home Health Service Providers: Tomorrow, July 1, 2022 EVV Soft Launch Implementation - June 30, 2022
- July 1, 2022 EVV Soft Launch Implementation and MaineCare Member Letter - June 23, 2022
- EVV Web Browser Notice - June 16, 2022
- Update to EVV Claim Pend Process for Home Health and Hospice Services - June 9, 2022
- Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Place of Service (POS) Update - May 10, 2022
- EVV Implementation for Sections 40 and 43 - August 13, 2021
- Personal Care Services and Home Health Services Implementation Reminder - December 18, 2020
Impacted Services and Providers
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) - Updated November 3, 2022
- MaineCare’s E-message Service
Training and Videos
The online EVV trainings offered can be found in the Event Calendar on the Health PAS Online Portal. Register for EVV trainings and access training videos in the Absorb training platform by logging into your Trading Partner Account. For providers who are using a third party EVV system, see the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Training – Third Party Application. All others may access the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Training – Part 1 and 2. For assistance with training, please email the Gainwell Medicaid Training Center.
System Setup Options
Maine has an open EVV system platform which allows providers to utilize the State-offered EVV system, or their own EVV system to connect with MIHMS. All system-related documents can be found on the Health PAS Online Portal in the EVV Guides and Manuals folder.
The process for integrating your alternate EVV system is dependent on how long the provider and/or vendor takes to complete their steps. The minimum time to complete the alternate system integration process is eight weeks.
MaineCare Member Communications
See the Member Resources webpage for the EVV member letter and questions and answers document.
If you have questions, contact Provider Services at 1-866-690-5585, option 3.