If you are a current HOPE student, you may find the following information helpful.
How Do I Request Support Services?
Once you are enrolled in the HOPE Program, you may request support services to help you cover costs related to school if you do not have another way to pay for them.
- Call or email us and tell us what you need.
- Send us the documents we need (see the Support Services Table in Forms & Documents to approve the request. You can send us documents by email, fax, or mail. If you are unsure what you need to send, we will help you.
HOPE Program assistance includes student navigator services provided by JMG.
Pathway Navigators can help you by:
- Offering support while you are on your educational journey
- Helping you develop a Pathway Plan that outlines steps for successful completion of your training or education program
- Connecting you with HOPE for funding support
- Assisting with your application for financial aid and completion of financial aid forms
- Helping you understand your student bills and fees
- Troubleshooting when you have problems or concerns related to school
- Referring you to school and community resources for assistance
- Referring you to additional scholarships and funding sources
- Guiding your selection and registration for classes
- Helping you transfer to other higher education institutions
- … and much more!
Pathway Navigators check in at least once a month to see how you are doing by:
- Answering any questions and addressing any concerns
- Talking with you about classes, progress and plans for upcoming challenges
- Working with schools and programs to ensure you are on track with your studies
- Providing other comprehensive supports needed to assist you in achieving success
Your HOPE Pathway Navigators
What started it all was experiencing firsthand the value of the continuum of support as a JMG student. The JMG culture and mission is like no other and family values are at JMG's core. It's a privilege being a Pathway Navigator and supporting Maine families as they pursue and achieve their goals.
As a Pathway Navigator, I hope to create an impact for Maine families and support parents as they pursue their education. Maine is a fantastic state with incredible opportunities. Education opens up opportunities that create positive changes, not just for parents, but also for their children.
I believe JMG programs truly make a difference in the lives of Maine students. I am proud to be a part of the HOPE and PaS team. Being a part of a program that helps parents pursue education and achieve success is very close to my heart and I am excited for the opportunity.
Working for JMG as a Pathway Navigator and supporting the HOPE and PaS programs that help parents pursue their education aligns with the values I hold. I am proud to work and be part of a program that helps parents achieve their goals, and teaches their children that they can achieve theirs.
NOTE: Working with a Pathway Navigator is optional. You may opt-out at any time.
If you would like to be contacted by a Pathway Navigator about receiving navigation services, you can contact them at JMG.DHHS@Maine.gov, or by calling (207) 620-7180.