If you are a current HOPE student, you may find the following information helpful.
How Do I Request Support Services?
Once you are enrolled in the HOPE Program, you may request support services to help you cover costs related to school if you do not have another way to pay for them.
- Call or email us and tell us what you need.
- Send us the documents we need to approve the request (see the Support Services Table in Forms & Documents). You can send us documents by email, fax, or mail. If you are unsure what you need to send, we will help you.
HOPE Program assistance includes student navigator services provided by Jobs for Maine Graduates (JMG).
NOTE: Working with a Pathway Navigator is optional. You may opt-out at any time.
Pathway Navigators can help you by:
- Offering support while you are on your educational journey
- Helping you develop a Pathway Plan that outlines steps for successful completion of your training or education program
- Connecting you with HOPE for funding support
- Assisting with your application for financial aid and completion of financial aid forms
- Helping you understand your student bills and fees
- Troubleshooting when you have problems or concerns related to school
- Referring you to school and community resources for assistance
- Referring you to additional scholarships and funding sources
- Guiding your selection and registration for classes
- Helping you transfer to other higher education institutions
- … and much more!
Pathway Navigators check in at least once a month to see how you are doing by:
- Answering any questions and addressing any concerns
- Talking with you about classes, progress and plans for upcoming challenges
- Working with schools and programs to ensure you are on track with your studies
- Providing other comprehensive supports needed to assist you in achieving success
Meet Your Navigator!
The HOPE Program provides all participants access to Student Navigators through a contract with JMG.
If you are a current HOPE participant and would like to get in touch with your Navigator, look below to find the Navigator in your county:
- Courtney Pollock
- Generally serving students in: Aroostook, Piscataquis, and Penobscot counties
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell Phone: (207) 200-1274
- Jasmine Bassett
- Generally serving students in: Hancock, Knox, Lincoln, Waldo, and Washington counties
- Email: email@example.com
- Cell Phone: (207) 200-1397
- Crystal Leavitt
- Generally serving students in: Franklin, Kennebec, Oxford, Sagadahoc, and Somerset counties
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell Phone: (207) 200-6567
- Roux Lobozzo
- Generally serving students in: Androscoggin, Cumberland, and York counties
- Email: email@example.com
- Cell Phone: (207) 200-1164
- Joe Hayes
- Generally serving students at University of Maine at Augusta
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 207-242-4171
If you would like to be contacted by a Pathway Navigator about receiving navigation services, email JMG.DHHS@Maine.gov or call (207) 620-7180.
More information about the Pathway Navigator program is available on the JMG website.