Food Supplement

Food Supplement (also known as SNAP) provides a monthly benefit to help low-income households purchase nutritious food.

If you receive Food Supplement you may also be eligible to participate in Maine SNAP-Ed or the Food Supplement Employment and Training Program.

What do I need to do to apply?

Eligibility for Food Supplement is based on income, assets, expenses and household size.  You will need to fill out an application, complete an interview and provide verification of your household’s income, identity, citizenship status, assets and other items depending on your household circumstances.

How do I apply?

Option 1: Apply online through My Maine Connection.

Option 2: Download and mail an application.

Office for Family Independence
114 Corn Shop Lane
Farmington, ME 04938

Option 3: E-mail an application to

Option 4: Fax an application to (207) 778-8429.

Maine SNAP-Ed

In SNAP-Ed, participants receive nutrition education services with helpful information on how to eat healthy on a budget.  Learn more about SNAP-Ed.

The Food Supplement Employment and Training Program (FSET)

FSET helps connect Food Supplement participants with job training and education. There are lots of opportunities available at no cost. Learn more about FSET.