What is EFT?
EFT or Electronic Funds Transfer is the process of moving money from one account to another over a computer-based system. Most commonly to and from financial institutions.
What is Direct Deposit?
Direct Deposit is a way to transfer money into a banking account without the hassle of paper checks.
What are some benefits with having Direct Deposit?
- There aren't any checks to be lost, damaged or stolen
- It can save you trips to the bank and help you avoid long lines at tellers or ATMs
- If you are concerned about the environment, this process reduces the amount of paper being used.
How do I setup my account to receive Direct Deposit?
In order to receive Direct Deposit, you must be a vendor on the State of Maine Vendor File.
- If you are not a vendor, please visit our Vendor Information page.
- If you are a vendor with a Vendor Code (VC Number) represented on the Vendor File, please complete and submit the Direct Deposit / EFT Activation Form to the Agency that you are doing business with.
- **However, if you are a vendor and use PayMode services; please see section entitled PayMode below.
How long does it take to set up Direct Deposit?
Once the paperwork has been entered into the Vendor File, the process then takes five business days to verify the bank information. This is called the Pre-Note process.
If I am now receiving Direct Deposit, but change my mind; can I stop my account from receiving Direct Deposit?
If you would like to discontinue receiving Direct Deposit, please complete and submit the Direct Deposit / EFT Deactivation Form.
Once the paperwork has been entered into the Vendor File, payments will be sent in paper check form.
|Direct Deposit / EFT Activation Form & Guidelines - See Forms Page: Vendor #1|
|Direct Deposit / EFT Deactivation Form - See Forms Page: Vendor #2|
Instructions For Finding Payment Detail on PayMode
What is PayMode?
PayMode is a comprehensive all-digital, all-online vendor/payee management system. Vendor/payee enrollment is simplified through a Web-based self-enrollment and maintenance system. Once vendors are enrolled they may receive payment information and remittance detail online.
Call toll-free: 877-443-6944 M-F 8am to 8pm (ET) or send an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
What You'll Need to Enroll
- Your company's legal name, physical address and main phone number.
- Your company's US Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number, if you are a Sole Proprietor.
- Bank account information, including routing and account numbers.
- Your name, title, phone number and e-mail address as the designated administrator.