|Chart of Accounts & General Accounting Manual||06/22/2011|
|FY2017 Balance Sheet Codes||02/27/2017||Excel / PDF|
|FY2017 Object Codes||02/27/2017||Excel / PDF|
|FY2017 Revenue Source Codes||02/27/2017||Excel / PDF|
|Setting up a Contact Code Instructions||06/30/2011|
A contact code is a 3 or 4 digit code generated from Advantage that represents an individual as a point of contact.
*See instructions above for generating a contact code.
A reporting unit is way to classify or break down transactions within an appropriation. These codes are determined by each department and used for more specific reporting. A new unit is created by the Controller's Office per a request from a department.
Requests are filtered through Coordinators who supply the forms to OSC. Please see the following list for your coordinator:
Agency Reporting Unit Request Coordinators
Unit Request Information
- A unit request must be received by OSC no later than 2:30PM in order to be entered for next business day. Any request received after 2:30PM will be processed in two business days.
- Once a unit has been inactivated, it will not not be reactivated.This must be an absolute last resort.
- Units require justification and reconciliation to be inactivated.
- Units are inactivated at the Sub-unit level as many units may roll up to multiple appropriations. Inactivating at the Sub-unit level allows for more flexibility in reporting.
- Unit names are not recommended to be changed. They may be revised for typo errors or as long as the reporting procedure for audit purposes remains identical.
- For example, if a unit name has been called "Licenses" and has historical expense data attached to it, changing the name to "Storage" would be unacceptable.
Advantage Reporting Unit Request Form - See Forms page: Accounting #2 & #3.