College and Career Readiness
- Copyright and Fair Use in the Classroom
- Copyright Genie
- ACRL's Code of Best Practices in Fair Use
- University of Rhode Island's Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education
Thanks to University of Maine, Univerity of Maine in Farmington, and University of Southern Maine librarians for the recommended links above.
MLA and APA style handouts, thanks to Bernie Alie of York County Community College for permission to share.
MLA Style handout: MLA PDF
APA Handout: APA PDF
Some files above require the free Adobe Reader.
- Literacy for ME: Maine's Comprehensive State Literacy Plan offers a roadmap for local communities to bolster their literacy infrastructure with the help of state-level activities that support those efforts.
- TRAILS: Information Literacy Assessment - Online assessment designed for use with 9th graders, also a module intended for use with 6th graders.
- Resources for Teaching and Learning - IMSA 21st Century Information Fluency. Full Circle Resource Kits: Designed for use as a curriculum. Each section:
- "Features"- background articles,podcasts and videos;
- "Curriculum" - class planning and resources;
- "Action Zone" - online activities;
- More resources off the home page
- Master lesson presentations by Google
- Resources for School Librarians
- American Association of School Libraries - list of the top 25 sites for teaching and learning (2012)