February 27, 2023

MDIFW NEWS: Maine Warden Service Locates Two Missing Women From Topsham

For Immediate Release

Editor's Note: The attached photo is from the location where Kimberly Pushard and Angela Bussell were located. The image shows the Jeep Compass owned by Kimberly Pushard in the location where it was found by Game Warden Brad Richard.

T40 MD, Maine - Maine Game Wardens located Kimberly Pushard, age 51, and Angela Bussell, age 50, both from Topsham. The two women who had been missing since last week and were found yesterday, February 26, in their vehicle in T40 MD near Nicatous Lake in Hancock County.

Maine Warden Service was notified by Topsham Police Department on February 24 of two women missing in the Springfield, Maine area. The women had been identified on security footage when getting gas at Irving in Springfield on Wednesday, February 22 at approximately 10:00 A.M. At that time, it was their last known location and the two had not been seen since.

Further investigation led to video footage that showed Kimberly Pushards red 2012 Jeep Compass outside of Mardens in Lincoln at approximately 10:30 A.M. on February 22. Additional video footage captured a few minutes later indicated the women were travelling south on Route 155 towards Enfield. Maine Warden Service and Maine Forest Service began assisting with the search in the region of Burlington and Lowell.

On Saturday, February 25, Maine Game Wardens, and Forest Rangers continued to search the region using a Maine Forest Service helicopter and Maine Warden Service aircraft, trucks, and snowmobiles.

On Sunday, February 26 the search area expanded south and east from Burlington. At approximately 4:00 P.M. Game Warden Brad Richard, travelling by snowmobile, located the two women alive in their vehicle on an unplowed road in T40 MD near Nicatous Lake. The vehicle had become stuck and had run out of gas. The two women had spent the night in the vehicle with no heat with outside temperatures of approximately -15 degrees.

The women were transported by Howland Ambulance to Penobscot Valley Hospital in Lincoln for medical evaluation.