U.S. Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) Gulf of Maine Intergovernmental Renewable Energy Task Force
BOEM has invited Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts to participate in a Gulf of Maine Task Force to identify potential opportunities for renewable energy leasing and development on the Outer Continental Shelf in the Gulf of Maine; federal jurisdiction begins three miles beyond the coast. The Task Force meetings are open to the public and stakeholders are encouraged to participate, either in-person or through written comments throughout the process. There will also be opportunities to participate at the State level with the Maine Offshore Wind Initiative, described below.
- BOEM Gulf of Maine Task Force Webpage: https://www.boem.gov/Gulf-of-Maine/
- BOEM’s Citizen’s Guide provides information about this process. Additional information, including BOEM’s stakeholder sign up, will be posted on the BOEM website (updates coming soon).
- Letter from BOEM inviting the State of Maine to participate in the Gulf of Maine Intergovernmental Renewable Energy Task Force (PDF)
- Governor Mills’ letter of acceptance (PDF)
- BOEM Briefing - Introduction to Commercial Offshore Wind Leasing (February 2022) (PDF) and (Link) to video recording