MaineCare Notice of Agency Waiver Amendment
Oct 04, 2022
AGENCY: Department of Health and Human Services, Office of MaineCare Services
RULE TITLE OR SUBJECT: MaineCare Benefits Manual, Section 113, Non-Emergency Transportation Waiver
CONCISE SUMMARY: The Office of MaineCare Services (OMS) is filing an application with the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to renew and amend Maine's Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) waiver. CMS requires periodic renewal of all waivers, including this waiver which authorizes Maine to use a brokerage system to provide MaineCare members with transportation to non-emergency covered services. The proposed renewal would have a duration of 5 years. The primary purpose of this submission is to renew the waiver to continue to be able to provide non-emergency transportation to MaineCare members. OMS is also proposing the following amendments which represent a change from the prior waiver:
- In accordance with federal requirements, using a single capitation rate per region determined by the State rather than allowing bidders to select from a range of actuarially sound rates, and making related changes to RFP requirements. This results in bidders for the brokerages competing on quality and experience alone, since the cost is fixed
- Revising performance measures and reporting periods
- Indicating that a new RFP is being issued and contractors may change
- Updating the list of non-English languages
- Making other minor and technical amendments
For a full list of all changes, please view the draft waiver amendment. The waiver amendment has been posted on the OMS website at: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/oms/about-us/policies-rules/policy-waivers. In addition, a copy of the waiver application may be viewed at any regional Office for Family Independence. A list of the offices and locations can be found at: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/about/contact/offices.
To allow for public input on the waiver amendment, OMS is accepting comments for 30 days. There is a link included on the website to submit comments to Lisa Weaver at the OMS Policy Division.
DEADLINE FOR COMMENTS: Comments must be received by midnight on Friday, November 4, 2022.
AGENCY CONTACT PERSON: Lisa Weaver, Planning and Research Associate, Policy Division
AGENCY NAME: Office of MaineCare Services
ADDRESS: 109 Capitol Street, 11 State House Station Augusta, Maine 04333-0011
TELEPHONE: 207-624-4050 FAX: (207) 287-1864 TTY: 711.