This program was formerly called the Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program.
The deadline dates for 2020 and 2021 are different than previous program years. There is 90-day reporting for both objectives and Clinical Quality Measures (CQM).
2020 Program Year Timeline
- August 1, 2020 – January 1, 2021: Worksheet submission period
- August 1, 2020 – February 1,2021: Meaningful Use (MU) submission period
- February 28, 2021: Program Year 2020 Closed
2021 Program Year Timeline
- March 1, 2021 – October 1, 2021: Worksheet submission period
- April 1, 2021 – October 31, 2021: MU submission period
- December 31, 2021: Program Year 2021 Closed
Program Year 2021 is the final year of the Medicaid MU/PI program.
- 2020 Medicaid MU/PI Program Application Process (PDF)
- 2020 Medicaid Objectives Table of Contents (PDF)
- 2020 CQM Measure Table (PDF)
- 2020 Program Year Medicaid Eligibility Worksheet (Excel)
- Instructions for Completing the Medicaid Eligibility Worksheet (PDF)
- Medicaid Patient Volume Calculation Options (PDF) and Patient Volume Verification Template (Excel)
2020 MU/PI Wizard Application
- Stage Three is required for all applicants.
- The 2015 Edition Certified Electronic Health Record Technology (CEHRT) is required for Stage Three.
- Security Risk Assessment (SRA) reports must be submitted with the Medicaid Eligibility Worksheet.
- A copy of the MU/PI data report from CEHRT must be submitted prior to payment.
- Certified Health IT Product List (CHPL)
- CHPL Site Guide (PDF) – This document guides you through how to generate the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Certification ID and CHPL number for your CEHRT product.
- If you have issues with your CEHRT and feel it is not performing as it should according to the certification criteria go to the site set up by ONC for information:
Security Risk Assessment
- A Security Risk Assessment (SRA) must be completed each program year.
- A copy of the SRA must be submitted with the Medicaid Eligibility worksheet for program year 2020.
- The Resources for the Security Risk Analysis (PDF) has links for several helpful tip sheets and guides from ONC, CMS, and Maine about how to conduct a SRA.
- Health IT Privacy and Security Resource website has videos about SRA.
More Detail about Objectives
The Objectives with Actions that Occur Outside of the MU Reporting Period (PDF) identifies objectives in Stage 3 that can occur before, during, or after the MU reporting period of 90 days.
Objective 3: Health Information Exchange
- Stage 3 Health Information Exchange Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Stage 3 Patient-Electronic-Access-Tip Sheet (PDF)
Objective 6, Measure 2: Secure Electronic Messaging
- Objective 6 Coordination of Care through Patient Engagement.PDF
- 2020 Clarification of the Secure Electronic Messaging Objective (PDF)
Objective 8, Public Health Reporting
- Stage 3 Objective 8 Public Health Reporting Specification Sheet (PDF)
- Tip Sheet Stage3-Public Health Reporting (PDF)
- Term Definitions (PDF)
- Public Health Registries in Maine (PDF)
- Public Health Wizard Guide January 2020 (PDF)
- 2020 Public Health Registration Wizard Application - If you did not update the Public Health Wizard for the 2019 program year, you must remove the older version of the Public Health Wizard application which shows as a lobster icon. You can then re-install it by downloading the 2020 version.
Maine CDC Partnership in Public Health Reporting
Please email the Maine CDC for Public Reporting questions:
- Immunization Registry - Danielle.Sherwood@maine.gov
- Syndromic surveillance - email@example.com
- Electronic lab or case reporting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Maine CDC questions: Nancy.Birkhimer@maine.gov
- Tax Liability IRS Informational Letter 1099s (PDF)
- How to Make Changes on the CMS Registration Site (PDF)
E-mail us with questions at EhrHelpdesk.DHHS@maine.gov.