This program was formerly called the Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program.
Important Information for the 2021 PI Program Year
- 2021 is the final year of the Medicaid MU/PI program
- March 1, 2021 open for applications for the 2021 program year
- Note the timeline dates below; major changes for the final program year.
- We have no ability to make any changes as these dates are determined by CMS.
2021 Program Year
- March 1, 2021 – October 1, 2021: Worksheet submission period
- April 1, 2021 – October 31, 2021: MU submission period
- December 29, 2021: Final payment will be disbursed
- December 31, 2021: Medicaid PI/MU Program Ends
- 2021 Medicaid MU/PI Program Application Process (PDF)
- 2021 Medicaid Objectives Table of Contents (PDF)
- 2021 CQM Measure Table (PDF)
- 2021 Program Year Medicaid Eligibility Worksheet (Excel)
- Instructions for Completing the Medicaid Eligibility Worksheet (PDF)
- Medicaid Patient Volume Calculation Options (PDF) and Patient Volume Verification Template (Excel)
2020 MU/PI Wizard Application
- Stage Three is required for all applicants.
- The 2015 Edition Certified Electronic Health Record Technology (CEHRT) is required for Stage Three.
- Security Risk Assessment (SRA) reports should be submitted with the Medicaid Eligibility Worksheet if it’s been completed by October 1, 2021. Since the MU data submission period must be completed by October 30, 2021, you can submit the SRA once it is completed as many sites do an annual SRA in December.
- A copy of the MU/PI data report from CEHRT must be submitted prior to payment.
- Certified Health IT Product List (CHPL)
- CHPL Site Guide (PDF) – This document guides you through how to generate the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Certification ID and CHPL number for your CEHRT product.
- If you have issues with your CEHRT and feel it is not performing as it should according to the certification criteria go to the site set up by ONC for information:
Security Risk Assessment
- A Security Risk Assessment (SRA) must be completed each program year.
- A copy of the SRA must be submitted with the Medicaid Eligibility worksheet for program year 2020.
- The Resources for the Security Risk Analysis (PDF) has links for several helpful tip sheets and guides from ONC, CMS, and Maine about how to conduct a SRA.
- Health IT Privacy and Security Resource website has videos about SRA.
More Detail about Objectives
The Objectives with Actions that Occur Outside of the MU Reporting Period (PDF) identifies objectives in Stage 3 that can occur before, during, or after the MU reporting period of 90 days.
Objective 3: Health Information Exchange
- Stage 3 Health Information Exchange Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Stage 3 Patient Electronic Access Tip Sheet (PDF)
Objective 6, Measure 2: Secure Electronic Messaging
- Objective 6 Coordination of Care through Patient Engagement.PDF
- 2021 Clarification of the Secure Electronic Messaging Objective (PDF)
- API Educational Tool eLearning
Objective 8, Public Health Reporting
- Stage 3 Objective 8 Public Health Reporting Specification Sheet (PDF)
- Tip Sheet Stage 3 Public Health Reporting (PDF)
- Term Definitions (PDF)
- Public Health Registries in Maine (PDF)
- Public Health Wizard Guide (PDF)
- 2021 Public Health Registration Wizard Application - If you did not update the Public Health Wizard for the 2019 program year, you must remove the older version of the Public Health Wizard application which shows as a lobster icon. You can then re-install it by downloading the 2020 version.
Maine CDC Partnership in Public Health Reporting
Please email the Maine CDC for Public Reporting questions:
- Immunization Registry - MIP-DES.DHHS@maine.gov
- Syndromic Surveillance - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancer Registry – Carolyn.Bancroft@maine.gov
- Electronic Lab Reporting (ELR) or Electronic Case Reporting (eCR): email@example.com
- Chronic Disease Indicator or Healthy Weight Indicator - Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Maine CDC questions: Nancy.Birkhimer@maine.gov
- Tax Liability IRS Informational Letter 1099s (PDF)
- How to Make Changes on the CMS Registration Site (PDF)
E-mail us with questions at EhrHelpdesk.DHHS@maine.gov.