Section 12006 of the 21st Century Cures Act mandates that states must implement an EVV system for all Personal Care Services (PCS) and Home Health Care Services (HHCS) that require an in-home visit by a provider. An EVV system is used to verify the date, time, and site of a provider visit, as well as services provided and who provided the service to the MaineCare member in the member's home or in a community-based services setting.
All impacted providers must use EVV by January 1, 2021, except Home Health under Section 40 and Hospice Services under Section 43, which have a January 1, 2023 deadline.
E-message Updates and Notifications
- New Training Dates - April 21, 2022
- EVV Implementation for Sections 40 and 43 - August 13, 2021
- Change to 30 Day Pend Time for EVV Claims - April 1, 2021
- EVV Exceptions Requirement - March 25, 2021
- EVV Place of Service Guidelines - February 25, 2021
- EVV Implementation Reminder - December 18, 2020
- EVV Exceptions Requirement Update - December 18, 2020
- EVV Implementation Tips - December 15, 2020
- Weekly Billers of Personal Care Services Reminder - December 8, 2020
- EVV Exempt PCS Telehealth Codes - November 13, 2020
Training and Videos
The online EVV trainings offered can be found in the Event Calendar on the Health PAS Online Portal. Register for EVV trainings and access training videos in the Absorb training platform by logging into your Trading Partner Account. For providers who are using a third party EVV system, see the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Training – Third Party Application. All others may access the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Training – Part 1 and 2. For assistance with training, please email the Gainwell Medicaid Training Center.
System Setup Options
Maine has an open EVV system platform which allows providers to utilize the State-offered EVV system, or their own EVV system to connect with MIHMS. All system-related documents can be found on the Health PAS Online Portal in the EVV Guides and Manuals folder.
The process for integrating your alternate EVV system is dependent on how long the provider and/or vendor takes to complete their steps. The minimum time to complete the alternate system integration process is eight weeks.
MaineCare Member Communications
See the Member Resources webpage for the EVV member letter and questions and answers document.
All questions should be directed to Provider Services at 1-866-690-5585, option 3.