DACF Home → Bureaus & Programs → Bureau of Agriculture → Agricultural Resource Development Division → Maine Senior FarmShare Program → For Farmers
Maine Senior FarmShare: For Farmers
On this page:
- Become an Authorized Farm
- Farmer Resources
- Annual Schedule and Deadlines
Become an Authorized Farm
- Are you a Maine Farmer?
- Do you grow mixed produce?
- Can your farm offer a minimum of 5 different produce items over an 8-week period?
If you answered yes to these three questions, you may be eligible to participate in the Maine Senior FarmShare Program (MSFP) if we are seeking farmers in your area. While we are accepting applications for new farms in all counties, we are particularly focusing on Aroostook, Franklin, Hancock, Oxford, Piscataquis, Somerset, and Washington counties.
Please fill out a New Farmer Appliation Form (PDF). Submit it via email to SeniorFarmShare.AGR@maine.gov or by mail to:
Maine Senior FarmShare Program
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry
28 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
For your farm to be considered, it meet all eligibility requirements in the MSFP Farmer Policies and Guidelines. All applications will be reviewed, and applicants will be notified of their status.
New Farm Application Form (PDF)
Farmer Resources for Authorized Farms
- 2023 Farmer Policies and Guidelines (PDF)
- 2023 Participant Eligibility and Income Guidelines (PDF)
- Eligible Foods List (PDF) - Only foods that are listed on the MSFP can be purchased with Senior FarmShare benefit funds by participants.
Maine Online Senior Share Access (MOSSA)
- MOSSA - Access your account
- 2023 Share Tracking and Reporting (PDF)
Forms for Authorized Farms
- Participant Agreement Form - English (PDF)
- Participant Rights and Responsibilities - English (PDF)
- Proxy Form - Individual Participant (PDF)
- Proxy Form - Multiple Participants (PDF)
- Individual Share Tracking Form (PDF)
- Participant Waiting List (PDF)
- USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (PDF)
Shareable Social Media Graphics
Let seniors know your farm has available shares by creating a social media post. We have created graphics to help you share the news! Share the post on your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram page. Social Media Graphics for Farmers (ZIP).
We provide assistance and training on:
- Completing your end of season reporting
- Completing your farmer application
- Signing up participants
Trainings listed below are for previously authorized farms.
2023 Annual Training
Farmers who participated in previous that will be applying again for the upcoming season are required to complete the MSFP annual farmer training. Please read the updated Maine Senior FarmShare Program (MSFP) Farmer Policies and Guidelines, including Appendix A, Civil Rights Training. Once you have read through both please use the link below to take the short quiz. After you complete the quiz you will receive your confirmation code to complete your farm sign up in MOSSA.
Annual Schedule and Deadlines for Authorized Farms
|Month||What's Happening & What's Due|
|January - March||
|May - October||
|October - November||
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Read the USDA Non-Discrimination Statement (PDF)