State of Maine Building at Eastern States Expo
Mark your calendar for September 14 - 30, 2018!
The State of Maine Building is an exhibition and trades display venue showcasing the best of Maine to more than 850,000 visitors annually who attend "The Big E." The building is located on the grounds of Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield, Massachusetts on the Expo’s Avenue of New England States.
The Agricultural Resource and Development Division of MDACF operates and maintains the building for the purpose of ‘exhibiting, publicizing and advertising Maine's products and resources in agriculture, industry, fisheries, forests, wildlife and recreation.’ The State of Maine has participated in this exciting display of New England traditions since 1925.
2018 State of Maine Bulding Vendors
- Alan Claude Farmingdale, Maine
- Buoy Sports South Berwick, Maine
- Brant & Cochran Portland, Maine
- Drift Inn Canteen Port Clyde, Maine
- Green Garden Farm, Saint Albans, Maine
- Hancock Gourmet Lobster Topsham, Maine
- Hilltop Spoonworks Poland, Maine
- Historic Pittston Farm Ice Cream Augusta, Maine
- Wicked Whoopies Gardiner, Maine
- Jack and Mary Designs York, Maine
- Lori Davis and Lara Max Ellsworth, Maine
- Maine Aquaculture Hallowell, Maine
- Maine Craft Beer Portland, Maine
- Maine Made America’s Best Augusta, Maine
- Maine Maple Producers Association Gorham, Maine
- Maine Office of Tourism Augusta, Maine
- Maine Potato Board Presque Isle, Maine
- Nubik Ranch, Sangerville, Maine
- Old Bottle Sea Glass of Maine Brunswick, Maine
- Pizza Pie on the Fly Portland, Maine
- Wild Blueberry Commission of Maine Orono, Maine
- Winter Whimsies Scarborough, Maine
Interested in being a part of this great event? Exhibit with us!
The Agricultural Resources team within the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry manages the State of Maine Building venue. We offer Maine businesses and organizations an opportunity to rent commercial space in the State of Maine Building. An application must be submitted for consideration by any interested vendor.
We aim to maintain a balance of educational and commercial exhibits in the building with an atmosphere that continues to exemplify Maine and its unique way of life. Only items which are produced, grown, crafted, manufactured or significantly altered in Maine may be sold in the Maine building.
Annual Schedule and Deadlines
|January||Application and deposit due, committee reviews and award recommendation is made|
|February-March||Contracts notices sent to award recipients|
|May||Proof of Customer Service Training Certificate submitted to Management|
|June||Second payment, 50% of total agreement fee|
|September||Exhibition at the State of Maine Building during, The Big E, 17 days|
|TBD - Fall||Exhibitor meeting|
|November||Application available online for upcoming year|
Please call (207) 287-7620 or e-mail Anne.Trenholm@maine.gov to receive more information!