Maine Maple Sunday®
Always the fourth Sunday in March!
Farm, Food, and Promotion Update
Join us supporting Maine agriculture year-round! Find farms, agricultural products, and opportunities to support Maine agriculture at RealMaine.com.
Please note that planning progress varies for 2021 agricultural events due to the ongoing public health efforts regarding COVID-19. Currently, we are assessing impacts, resources, and contingencies. For more information, visit the DACF’s COVID-19 resources web page.
Visitors and supporters: Please consider subscribing to our email list, follow our blog, directory of Maine farms, and learn how you can support sugar shacks, maple producers, and farms year-round at: RealMaine.com
Producers: if you have not already, please consider updating your Real Maine profile, or request to become a member.
2021 Date: Sunday, March 28, 2021
2022 Date: Sunday, March 27, 2022
Maine Maple Sunday® is a long-standing tradition where Maine’s Maple producers open their doors to their sweet operations for a day of educational demonstrations, Sugarbush tours, fun family activities and samplings of syrup and other great maple products. View a listing of more than 100 licensed sugarhouses who represent some of the many celebrations, and demonstrations happening statewide in honor of Maine’s official sweetener.
Host Planning Resources
Current & potential participant: Receive emails and updates about Maine Maple Sunday®
- Agritourism Best Practices (DOCX)
- QR Code Visitor Survey Sign, Print-ready, 8.5 x 11 (PDF) – Invite your visitors to use their mobile device QR codes to provide real-time feedback during the event when they are at your farm.
- Directional Signs, Print-ready, 8.5 x 11 (PDF) – A set of 13 signs to help farmers direct and instruct farm visitors to agritourism activities.
- Agritourism Sign, Print-ready, 24 x 30-inch (PDF) – Includes required language from liability statute. May be used as an option to professionally print sign for agritourism activities.
- Liability in Maine Agritourism Statute
- Farm Safety Check: Agritourism - Planning information and safety check lists.
- Extension Training for Agritourism Development - Video modules and supplemental planning material.
- UMaine Cooperative Extension - Variety of agritourism resources for farms.
- Maine Bureau of Insurance, Consumer Guide to Insuring Your Farm –This covers the basics of property and liability coverage. It is a tool for understanding risk management on your farm.