DACF Home → Bureaus & Programs → Bureau of Agriculture → Agricultural Resource Development Division → Market Promotion and Special Events Program → Maine Maple Sunday
Maine Maple Sunday®
Always the fourth Sunday in March!
Maine Maple Sunday® is a long-standing tradition where Maine’s Maple producers open their doors to their sweet operations for a day of educational demonstrations, Sugarbush tours, fun family activities and samplings of syrup and other great maple products. View a listing of more than 100 licensed sugarhouses who represent some of the many celebrations, and demonstrations happening statewide in honor of Maine’s official sweetener.
Host Planning Resources
Current & potential participant: Receive emails and updates about Maine Maple Sunday®
- QR Code Visitor Survey Sign, Print-ready, 8.5 x 11 (PDF) – Invite your visitors to use their mobile device QR codes to provide real-time feedback during the event when they are at your farm.
- Directional Signs, Print-ready, 8.5 x 11 (PDF) – A set of 13 signs to help farmers direct and instruct farm visitors to agritourism activities.
- Agritourism Sign, Print-ready, 24 x 30-inch (PDF) – Includes required language from liability statute. May be used as an option to professionally print sign for agritourism activities.
- Liability in Maine Agritourism Statute
- Farm Safety Check: Agritourism - Planning information and safety check lists.
- Extension Training for Agritourism Development - Video modules and supplemental planning material.
- UMaine Cooperative Extension - Variety of agritourism resources for farms.
- Maine Bureau of Insurance, Consumer Guide to Insuring Your Farm –This covers the basics of property and liability coverage. It is a tool for understanding risk management on your farm.