State of Maine Agricultural Trades Show
Mark your calendars! The Maine Agricultural Trades Show happens each January.
The Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry hosts this annual event. Read about participating.
2021 Show Dates and Hours:
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021 9 am to 5 pm
- Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 9 am to 6 pm
- Thursday, January 14, 2021, 9 am to 3 pm
For Exhibitors & Meeting Hosts
The State of Maine Agricultural Trades Show takes place every January and serves as a source for agricultural resources and products. Producers and consumers alike visit this three day show to take stock of current programs, new technologies and to gather information on the agriculture industry. This show is sponsored by the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry and provides promotion opportunities for businesses and organizations on the trade show floor, but also houses various lectures, certification courses and annual meetings throughout its duration. The event has activities geared towards promoting industry collaboration and progress.
- Exhibit Space Update: New layout planned for the 2020 Show (PDF)
- Exhibitor Listing (PDF)
- Exhibit Map (PDF)
- First Floor Map - Augusta Civic Center (PDF)
- Second Floor Map - Augusta Civic Center (PDF)
Schedule for 2020 Ag Trades Show
Download and print a PDF of the most current schedule for workshops, presentations and meetings at the Ag Trades Show.
- Location of Conference Sessions By Room and Day (PDF)
- Schedule - Detailed PDF Agenda (PDF)
- Pesticide Applicator Training Programs Schedule (PDF)
The Ag Trades Show takes place at Augusta Civic Center, 76 Community Drive, Augusta, ME 04330.
2021 Trades Show Press
2020 Trades Show Press
- 1/12/2020 - Wednesday 1/15/20 Ag Trades Show Features DACF Staff Intros
- 1/11/2020 - Maine Agricultural Trades Show Newsletter
- 1/3/2020 - Maine Sustainable Agriculture Society Guest Speakers to Discuss Ag Census Results and Soil Health
- 1/3/2020 - Info about Room Blocks and Area Accommodations (PDF)
- 12/24/19 - Pesticide Applicator License Exam and Continuing Education for Pesticide Applicators
- 12/24/19 - Agritourism Session at the Trades Show: Planning for Group Tours
- 12/24/19 - Guest Speaker to Discuss Growing Maine's Food Business at Kennebec County Extension Assoc. Annual Meeting
- 12/24/19 - Maine Woodland Owners Host Forestry Forum at Trades Show
- 12/24/19 - Visit Maine Apple Growers at the Maine Ag Trades Show!
- 12/24/19 - Local Food in Schools: Building Partnerships with School Nutrition Programs
- 12/24/19 - Opportunities for Beginning Farmers offered at 2020 Maine Agriculture Trades Show
- 12/24/19 - Attend the Maine Farmers’ Market 2020 Convention at the Maine Ag Trades Show
- 12/23/19 - Maine Made: Product Pitch and Buyer Feedback Session Thursday of Ag Trades Show
- 12/23/19 - Schedule Meetings With Ag Business Mentors At the Ag Trades Show
- 12/23/19 - The Maine Connection: Local Producer & Grower Networking
- 12/23/19 - Food Safety Sessions for Produce Farms at the Ag Trades Show!
- 12/23/19 - Attend Baskets to Pallets Workshop at the 2020 Maine Ag Trades Show
- 10/25/19 - Maine Ag Trades Show Newsletter: Planning the Show and Save the Dates!
- 8/30/19 - DACF Launches Online Tool to Gather Interest in Upcoming Trades Show
Interested in being a part of this great event? Exhibit with us!
Are you interested in the 2021 show? Use this form to communicate your interest. The Department use responses to select participants and assign conference, exhibit, and presentation spaces.
For All Show Participants
- Exhibitor Resource Sheet (PDF)
- Exhibitor and Meeting Host Checklists (PDF) - Reminders and tips to pack for the show. Includes space to add your own needs.
- Tips to Prepare for a Conference Session (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of companies exhibit?
Those who sell and provide goods and services to agricultural based-businesses.
What types of meetings occur?
The Ag Trades Show aims to provide a venue for information for attendees to learn more about best practices for all aspects of sustaining their agricultural business. Meetings should be relevant to this topic so as to provide value, instill cross-promotion and knowledge sharing for Maine’s diverse agricultural economy.
What other events occur?
The Ag Trades Show is an opportunity for members of the public to learn more about the role and value of agriculture, and its importance to rural communities and the state of Maine as a whole.
In addition to meetings and exhibits, there are demonstrations and workshops, and a producer and product showcase, which is an opportunity to purchase Maine food, goods and provisions. We hope you will join us to network and support Maine agriculture!
Is the event open to the public?
The event is open to the public, and free to attend. There are no tickets to the show. Areas open to the public include the trades show exhibits in the auditorium, and many conference sessions. Please note, some conference sessions request pre-registration and payment to participate in workshop and meeting sessions.
Can I request booth and/or room amenities, food and beverage?
Exhibitors may request amenities such as tables, electrical, A/V, projectors, and food and beverage. Please use one of these forms to submit your requests. This information is due after the initial request to participate. To request these services, please complete by the required deadline.
Are there advertising and promotional opportunities?
Exhibitors, meeting hosts and presenters are encouraged to join the conversation using #MaineAgTradesShow on social media. Additionally, a courtesy release service is available. Content should be a final, edited version of a press release. They should feature unique, newsworthy highlights about your participation in the show, calls to action (i.e., schedule a meeting at the show, sign up for unique activities, promotional features, direct to social media or website for detailed information.)
Exhibitor Dates and Deadlines for 2020 Trades Show
|Late winter/early spring||
Complete the show interest form.
|Summer/Fall 2020||Selection and offer to participate in the 2021 show begins based off information submitted on interest form.|
October 1, 2020 Deadline: Final agenda descriptions due to be included print brochure.
October 1, 2020 Deadline: Amenity requests due for booths and conference space (Meeting space amenities, projectors etc., Booth amenities, electrical, A/V, etc.
October 31, 2020 Deadline: Exhibitors awarded booth and/or conference space to submit agreement.
Sign, date, agreement and email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgInvoicing and agreement processing.
Invoices mailed. Please make checks payable to Treasurer, State of Maine.Poster distributed for the show. Each awarded Exhibitor will receive 1 copy of the poster. You may request additional copies: http://bit.ly/AgTradesShowPosterRequest
December 1, 2020 Deadline: Food and beverage orders due to Augusta Civic Center. If your meeting or event during the ATS requires food or beverage, the Augusta Civic Center is pleased to accommodate.
Download the form: Food and Beverage Order Form (DOCX) Fill out and return form to Augusta Civic Center December 1, 2020 Deadline: Exhibitor Breakfast RSVP.
|January||Annual show happens. Stay updated. Subscribe to event news, and follow along on social media with #MaineAgTradesShow|
For any questions or more information about the event, please contact Anne Trenholm at 207-287-7620 or by email at email@example.com
Citizen Alert Notices
Subscribe to Maine.gov Citizen System: Receive texts and emails about, government office closings, storm warnings/bulletins and other urgent or emergency updates.