The mission of the Department of Corrections is to reduce the likelihood that juvenile and adult offenders will reoffend by providing practices, programs and services which are evidence-based and which hold the offenders accountable.
Each of our facilities, adult and juvenile, have passed rigorous American Correctional Association audits with outstanding scores and earned national accreditation.
Considering a Career in Corrections?
View a list of our current openings or call (207) 707-2830 to find out how to join our team and begin an exciting career in Corrections!
- Departmental COVID-19 resources and links
- New pages for employers with information about resident education and training programs as well as opportunities to partner with MDOC
- New Requirements for General Correspondence sent to Residents of Adult Facilities
- MDOC Expands MAT Services (2.12.21)
- Statement on Long Creek Development Center (9.17.2021)
- MDOC's Transitional Residence in Bangor (11.1.21)
- Maine Department of Corrections Announces Enhancements to use of Correctional Data (11.9.21)