Hiring military Veterans is a priority for the Maine Department of Corrections. We understand that we have a debt to those individuals who served our country and that we have a duty to help you transition back into civilian life. The best way that we can help Veterans is to offer an opportunity for meaningful employment, where the skills you've learned are valued and will lay the foundation for a stable, rewarding career, that helps make for safer Maine communities.
Hiring Heroes: Why Veterans should consider MDOC:
- Guaranteed interview when meeting the minimum job qualifications.
- Maine doesn't tax your retirement pension!
- We value Veterans' experience, integrity, leadership, skills and abilities.
- Work with other Veterans in uniformed and non-uniformed status.
- We offer mission-driven public service, teamwork, and camaraderie.
- Be a supportive role model to incarcerated Veterans and civilians.
- Soldier in the National Guard? MDOC offers 17 days paid military leave.
Hilton Honors - Did You Know?
Veterans traveling more than 40 miles for work-search related activities (interview, housing search, etc.) may be eligible to receive free overnight accommodations through the Hilton Honors program. Contact your closest Veteran’s Rep at a Maine Department of Labor's CareerCenter for details.
Maine Hire-A-Vet Campaign
Maine Department of Corrections is a proud participant of the annual Maine Hire-A-Vet Campaign. Connect with a Veterans Representative at a Maine Department of Labor CareerCenter for career-search assistance, including resume writing, job interview workshops, and more. Veterans and eligible spouses are given priority of service for the receipt of employment, training and placement services provided under most Maine Department of Labor-funded programs.