Wilhelm Reich Collection
- Library: Rangeley Public Library
- Library Type: Public
- Town: Rangeley
- County: Franklin
- Description of Collection:
The Rangeley Library has a collection of approximately two dozen books by and about Austrian born physician-scientist Wilhelm Reich. Reich, a psychoanalyst and student of Freud, spent two decades beginning in the 1930s studying a powerful physical energy he called "Orgone". Reich, at his Rangeley property he named "Orgonon", experimented with collecting and harnessing orgone for use in cancer treatment, motor power, and weather experimentation.
- Circulation/Access Policy:
- Most of the materials in the Reich Collection may be veiwed only within the library.
- Number of Collection Items:
- Less than 25
- Books, VHS
- Catalog Web Address (if available):
- Search Tips:
- Library Contact Name: Janet Wilson
- Library Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org