Home → Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions
About the Bureau of Corporations, Elections and Commissions
Beginning Wednesday, March 18, the Bureau of Corporations, Elections and Commissions will close its customer service window and will accept documents from FedEx, UPS and U.S. mail, and via an onsite drop box only. Staff will provide information by phone 624-7736 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org. These measures will be in place until further notice.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING STATE GOVERNMENT CLOSURE
In observance of Patriot's Day, all Secretary of State offices will close Monday, April 20, 2020.
The Bureau is responsible for elections, corporations, and a variety of central filing activities. The Bureau has significant contact with the public in many areas including the following:
- Conduct of state elections
- Corporation filings
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings
- Oversight of the Administrative Procedure Act (state agency rule-making)
- Recording of appointments to state offices, boards and commissions
- Commissioning of Notaries Public