Client Technology fulfils all requests for workstation hardware, software and peripherals for all subscribers of public-facing desktop kiosks used by state constituents (non-state employees).
The Public Kiosk computer has a specialized software image and controls in place. The operating system is hardened and secured to resist tampering. Each time a reboot occurs, the computer returns to its original state: a clean version of the operating system is restored and all changed files are wiped from the computer.
The computer is isolated from the rest of the State of Maine network by a firewall. Remote administration of the computer is allowed to keep it up-to-date with system patches and virus / malware protection.
- Client Technology Support
- Desktop computer – Basic Desktop or Chrome Box Device
- Monitor, keyboard, and mouse
- Network Connection and usage with firewall to allow Internet access
- Personal or non-state provided hardware
- Personal or non-state provided software
- Personal or non-state provided peripherals and accessories
Service Level Targets & Availability
- A formal SLA has not been developed specific to this service
- Standard business hours are 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, excluding holidays
The Client Technology bundle is $128.60 per month
- Malfunctions or failures that occur from normal business usage are covered by the above MaineIT subscription rate
Please see the MaineIT Rate Table
Options Available for Additional Charge
- Microsoft licensing is additional, see the MaineIT Rate Table for available options for Windows/Microsoft Office